1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Going to Wilmington NC....

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by youradhere, Mar 13, 2013.

1. youradhere

youradhere Savant (460) Arkansas Feb 29, 2008

... Is there any Lindley Park around there? Any bottle shops I should hit up while I'm there? Thanks!

2. Lindley park is done and gone.

3. youradhere

I am up for an IP if anyone else is. Also, what bottle shops and breweries are a must there?

4. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

5. Definitely hit up Lighthouse Beverage in Wrightsville Beach and Cape Fear Wine and Beer downtown. There's a new restaurant called Hops Supply Company that sounds cool, too. There's a cool homebrew store called Wilmington Homebrew Supply if you are so inclined. There's a brewpub downtown called Front Street, but it gets mixed reviews. I've been there once and liked their Scotch Ale. I was also recommended a place called Satellite, but haven't been. I believe it is also downtown.

6. Where are you coming from? I live in New Bern and have an extra Lindley if the trade is right...

7. youradhere

Coming from Little Rock, fresh transplant from Seattle. Hit me up if you want to do an IP trade.

8. Little Rock AR? What I'm getting at is let me know if you are coming through NC on NC HWY 17. If so, we can trade. if not, then I regretfully can't meet you anywhere else. Also, when are you coming this way?

9. youradhere

I'm flying in on the 18th of Apr. sorry, but I am not even going to try to find my way around on this trip! Too much opportunity to get lost. If you are willing to meet up in Wilmington we can deal if ya like.

10. youradhere

And yes LR AR- the move was for work.

11. count me out; I live about 2.5 hrs away. Good luck at those bottle shops though!

12. Inbox me what you have for trade...