1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Good People Brewing Company to release its flagship in cans

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Jason, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,330) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

BIRMINGHAM, AL (Jan 2013) – Good People Brewing Company has just completed an expansion that will allow its production capacity to increase nearly three-fold. With that increased production comes that ability to increase its packaging portfolio. Pale Ale will be the first to reap the benefits and see its canned debut. It is the fourth Good People offering to be canned.

Pale Ale is Good People’s flagship and part of the “Ales From the Heart of Dixie” line-up – Good People’s five ales available throughout the entire year. Pale Ale is their most versatile offering, and considered the most accessible year-round beer.

“As Alabama’s oldest and largest brewery, we take a great deal of responsibility and pride in the fact that we can distribute to the entire state of Alabama, our home state,” says Michael Sellers, co-owner of Good People Brewing Company. “The expansion allows us that ability.”

The recent expansion is the catalyst for Pale Ale being canned and opens the door for Coffee Oatmeal Stout, the fifth, and final, member of the “Ales From the Heart of Dixie” to be canned as well. This will allow both retailers and customers the freedom to select their favorite styles from Good People’s diverse catalog.

“It’s huge for us,” confirms Sellers. “We want to be everywhere, all over the state. A lot of places don’t offer draft beer, so by having our entire line-up in cans, it allows to access to places where we otherwise couldn’t offer our entire line-up. It also means more choice for our customers.”

The brewery is also working on plans to eventually offer their seasonal offerings in package.
    Michael and Jason are excited about the upcoming release. They will be available for interviews to discuss the Pale Ale release. They can be reached at 205.286.2337 or [email protected] and [email protected]

About Good People Brewing Co.
    Jason Malone, Eric Schultenover, and Michael Sellers founded Good People Brewing Company in 2007. Initially sold only in select locations in Birmingham, Good People is now sold all over the city and throughout the entire state of Alabama, including Auburn, Dothan, Florence, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, and Tuscaloosa. The taproom is open daily, and tours of the taproom/brewery are offered on Saturday afternoons. For more information, visit goodpeoplebrewing.com, facebook.com/GoodPeopleBrewing, and follow on Twitter @GPBrewing.

###
    sommersb likes this.
  2. Was just at Good People a few weeks ago. What a cool place, and their beer is great. They have giant Jenga and Cornhole to play on the brewing floor.

Snake Handler is awesome and their RIS was also very good. Good to see some southern breweries on their way up!
  3. I'm originally from Birmingham, and Good People started up shortly after I moved away. I dropped by there last Summer and Snake Handler was amazing.

They're in Nashville right now, IPA and Brown only(I think). I'm hoping to see them move to Chattanooga next.
  4. Buff0910

Buff0910 Savant (390) Alabama Jan 20, 2013

Glad to see this. Lot of people wanted COS instead of snake handler so this will a welcomed addition.
  5. StuartCarter

StuartCarter Savant (425) Alabama Apr 25, 2006

COS is coming, hopefully by Valentine's day
  6. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

An aptly named brewery as the guys there are Good People. I had no idea that their Pale Ale was the flagship ( I figured it was the brown ale tbh). I read that the COS was coming shortly on one of their FB comments and the other guys are correct, Snake Handler is the best of the lineup. One of my favorite DIPAs period.
  7. Buff0910

Buff0910 Savant (390) Alabama Jan 20, 2013

Enjoying a pint of their Fatso right now. Great Russian Imperial especially for my local brewery. Maybe one day it will be canned ala Oscar Blues ten fidy style
  8. STKPICR0720

STKPICR0720 Savant (275) Alabama Mar 16, 2011

Love the brew and as mentioned above they truly are Good People. I had the pleasure of doing business with GDPB and I thoroughly enjoy their brews. I have and will always do what it takes to support GDPB. Keep the brews coming guys.

CHEERS