Good to be back

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by mulder1010, Feb 24, 2012.

1. mulder1010

mulder1010 Initiate (0) Australia Aug 29, 2008

Hope everybody enjoyed their mini break from BA :D

Anybody have some really good beers in the last week?

2. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

I'm drinking a Squealer of Mikkeller Simcoe Single Hop! Also had some Stillwater Stateside Saison out of a Squealer yesterday... mmmm.

3. mulder1010

mulder1010 Initiate (0) Australia Aug 29, 2008

Props on the growlers. We have Dr's Orders!!!!!!!!

4. ALEBOY

ALEBOY Savant (315) Australia May 31, 2003

Had Brooklyn Local 2 the other night that was a cracker!.... and a few Hopdevils before it that didn't touch the sides

5. sinkas

sinkas Aficionado (190) Australia Jul 9, 2008

Had hoppy hefe, rather impressed
    Had brooklyn chock stout, bloody amazing

6. joecast

joecast Advocate (570) Australia Jun 30, 2003

Hoppy hefe as well. Much more hoppy than I expected really. And not much hefe character to get in the way. Liked it more than I thought I would.

7. danieelol

danieelol Advocate (510) Australia Jun 15, 2010

Drinking Mountain Goat Rye IPA tonight. Really nice actually.

Apart from that, best beers I've had recently have been Bear Republic Red Rocket and Lou Pepe Gueuze

The Hoppy Hefe had a real nice nose on it too.

8. Kimbo83

Kimbo83 Disciple (70) Australia Dec 9, 2009

I've been working my way through the Green Flash and Bear Republic range, i can't stop revisiting WCIPA and Racer 5.

I used the break to concentrate on my AFL Dream Team, i'm pretty sure i'll win the Toyota this year.

9. EazyR

EazyR Zealot (80) Australia Nov 10, 2010

Bright's MIA IPA was on Tap at the Local in St Kilda recently and it blew my mind. Reminds me of the Green Flash West Coast IPA, I haven't been this impressed with an Aussie IPA since I first tried Hop Hog. I've checked out Temple's new brewery too and their Midnight IPA and Saison are excellent. Got a bottle of Green Flash's Imperial IPA and Le Freak in the fridge so I'm set for the rest of the weekend.

10. dgilks

dgilks Advocate (685) Australia Jul 14, 2008

I really liked the MG Rye IPA I had the other night. Plenty of hops though still a little sweet.

11. Drinking a bottle of an in-house 50L ferment of dark ale with Kohatu and dark candi syrup right now.

I knew from the twitters that BA had some forum issues, but I'd completely forgotten about it until I just opened the trusty old web browser now. Talk about shock!

12. gulden

gulden Aficionado (180) Australia Mar 20, 2011

Yeah - I had it the other night as well and was very impressed as well.

13. Loving Hoppy Hefe, really surprised me for a Mad Brewers release.
    Also had a nice bottle of Schneider Weisse Tap X Mein Nelson Saivon.
    Such a great balance with the hops still letting the normal wheat characteristics
    shine through.

14. Lukie

Lukie Savant (425) Australia Jun 16, 2007

Had the Tequila Barrel Aged Beer Hop Breakfast.

If you love Tequila, you will love this. Stupidly overpowering.

Also dry-hopped some Weihenstephaner Hefe with Nelson Sauv hop flowers. It was hilarious, but delicious!

15. Headed out to Bright last weekend, and checked out the brewery. Unfortunately they didnt have any IPA left, although the porter was really nice. apart from that its been pretty quiet on the beer front.

16. Hoptron_3000

Hoptron_3000 Savant (260) Australia May 27, 2013

Had a 8 Wired Fresh Hopwired. Blended IPA that I think really showcases Nelson Sauvin, nice fruity white wine like character. Yum.

17. I had some Nonge, dunno which one. I had never gone there, the Bellambi Pub bottlo has a limited range. And it was really nice. Also the Brown Bomber and French Kiss from the local IBC homies rocked through ... out o growlers as is the favored delivery method ...