1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island 2012 BCBS

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by mtbdonn, Dec 14, 2012.

1. mtbdonn

mtbdonn Savant (400) Colorado Dec 15, 2009

Looks like it has finally landed. Beer Ritz (online) has it listed as available but you have to order 12 bottles (various/total) for shipment.
    4thelvofbeer and RendoMike like this.
  2. Picture has 2011 on it. Also you can just buy one if you buy other beers as well.
  3. They have more or less every bottled Buxton beer in stock. This should not be a problem.
  4. mtbdonn

Apologies, I tried to emphasize that with the "various"; 12 various bottles total, not just 12 BCBS.
  5. Fairplay then. Let us know when you get some if it actually is 2012.
  6. mtbdonn

Good point. I'll call monday, but I can't imagine it would be 2011.
  7. mtbdonn

Got through to the Beer Ritz, they are 2012. They've been busy to update the photo.
    CwrwAmByth and RendoMike like this.
  8. Now to find a bottle of the rare!
  9. We have a decent amount in my shop, if it's anything like the BCBVS we had then it will sit around for a bit then all of a sudden it will all vanish and people will come in scratching there heads saying "oh I was gonna buy some of that".
    EmperorBevis likes this.
  10. I still have my bottle of BCBVS from your shop. I was well pleased to find that actually.
  11. I still have mine at home, I was thinking about opening it tonight actually.
  12. Where's your shop? Was considering ordering BCBS from Beer Ritz but can't justify cobbling together an order of 12...
  13. Quoted without including the name...
  14. Cardiff, maybe we should start doing mail order.
    mtbdonn and His_Royal_Hoppiness like this.
  15. Good to know - will definitely come and visit next time I'm in Cardiff!
  16. You should, they're good at getting stuff lots of other places don't.
  17. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (485) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Sold out at BeersofEurope it seems. Fair play, too expensive anyway :D

That Irish webshop had BCVS for the longest time, until I obviously had found an Irish contact willing to mule some for me. It sold out that very day, after I'd been staring at it for literally months.
  18. I don't know if it's of any use to you but I will be driving over to and spending a few days in West Flanders with a base in De Panne, coming put Sunday night and Leaving Tuesday evening. Could bring some BCBS?
  19. Dennoman

Only saw this too late I guess, few bottles would have been nice, but West Flanders is way out for me anyway right now, I have work to do :) Enjoy the weekend, and if you only see this Sunday evening, I hope you enjoyed it! :D
  20. Got mine the other week - Trembling Madness is selling it for £7.80 a bottle. Rather steep, but it's a fantastic brew....
  21. Yay go Cardiff, £6.99 :p
  22. Beers of Europe have it too now
  23. Dennoman

Show me some more BCVS, then I'll be impressed :)
  24. I have my bottle, I can video myself drinking it and send the footage to you? ;)
  25. Dennoman

I'll make sure to show my three bottles in the cellar how their brother is doing!
  26. Errr... Brains black or something :p

Drinking a 2012 BCBS now, very boozy, can definitely taste the bourbon and I can see that aging would do it wonders.
  27. Dennoman

Only had it fresh once, might crack my second and last 2012 this weekend. The 2009 is ssssoooo good right now.
  28. Does the heat from the whiskey calm down as it ages?
  29. Dennoman

Definitely. This is the booziest one yet as well. The 13% 2009 has aged beautifully by now, this one might even be better in 2015.
  30. A very good beer. Something that every beeranoid should try. For what it is £7.47 isn't really all that bad. Better than anything BrewDog produces and we've all seen some of their prices.
    EmperorBevis and CwrwAmByth like this.
  31. Well that's good news, it's nice but a bit too boozy at the moment. Would be just perfect with that aspect toned down.
  32. I hade my 2009 recently and it was damn well perfect. Three years of nursing should be just about perfect.