1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Baudoinia - Fulton & Wood Series (Fungus BCBS)

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by BlastBeats, Dec 4, 2012.

1. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Had this at Lincoln Station after the Rev bash Saturday night. Exactly as everyone described, beautiful aroma with a more balanced chocolate flavor. Absolutely beautiful man.
  2. KidLightning

KidLightning Initiate (20) Feb 7, 2013

Just had this last night (finally) at Green Door in River North since it was tapped out at GI-Clybourn when I was there last week. Only $7 for a 12 oz. and it was indeed delicious: more chocolatey and less boozy overall, but with a little bit of a funky bite to it, though not much. I would say it's similar to the comparison of Guinness Foreign Extra to standard Guinness. I just wish I could get it bottled, would love to see how it ages alongside standard BCS '12.
  3. BigOxBBQ

BigOxBBQ Aspirant (25) Illinois Feb 8, 2013

LOL It's pretty decent
  4. I'll be drinking this tomorrow night
  5. BigbROB

BigbROB Aficionado (240) Illinois Apr 22, 2010

Personally I would go for regular BCS before this. So if you are at the 25th tomorrow I would stand in other lines before this. I love funky beers, but I feel like the little bit of funk takes away from the bourbon taste we all love in BCS. Just my two cents but wouldnt be the first variant I go for. Wait that means longer lines where I want to go if people listen to me. Nevermind it is awesome and get multiple samples.
  6. I sampled this at the brewery a month or so ago and I loved it. Side by side with coffee and BCBS. Baudoinia was really wonderful. So balanced and smooth. No heat like BCBS. Really blew me away.
  7. I'm going to a one year anniversary of a brewery in machesney park il. Pig minds brewery
  8. Aside from that i got a decent stock of bcbs and a bottle of coffee left. Had some coffee on tap last weekend it was wonderful.
  9. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (690) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

Reviving this thread rather than starting a new one... Does anyone know if Baudonia has really been made multiple times? It's listed as "rotating" in the database, but I'd always thought it was a one-off treatment.
  10. jplopez21

jplopez21 Advocate (550) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

As far as I know it was a one off. It rarely pops up on tap here and there but I havent seen it in awhile.
  11. I was so excited when I saw this thread bump, totally disappointed. That beer is perfect!
    bertram likes this.
  12. ksbuell

ksbuell Aficionado (195) Illinois Jul 18, 2013

Had this amazing beer while at Great Taste of the Midwest. Absolutely amazing. Really hope for a repeat!
  13. This has been popping up again lately but I think it's still the same single batch, but as it goes with Bourbon County Brand anything, a large amount was held back by GI. I personally poured two sixtels of this at Oak Park Micro Brew Review a couple weekends ago. It's in a great spot right now and is drinking like a champ. Much more fudgey chocolate and less heat than regular BCBS. Keep an eye out for it at events in the coming months and get some if you can.