1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Goose Island Baudoinia - Fulton & Wood Series (Fungus BCBS)

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by BlastBeats, Dec 4, 2012.

1. steebo777

steebo777 Member

Had this at Lincoln Station after the Rev bash Saturday night. Exactly as everyone described, beautiful aroma with a more balanced chocolate flavor. Absolutely beautiful man.
  2. KidLightning

KidLightning Member

Just had this last night (finally) at Green Door in River North since it was tapped out at GI-Clybourn when I was there last week. Only $7 for a 12 oz. and it was indeed delicious: more chocolatey and less boozy overall, but with a little bit of a funky bite to it, though not much. I would say it's similar to the comparison of Guinness Foreign Extra to standard Guinness. I just wish I could get it bottled, would love to see how it ages alongside standard BCS '12.
  3. BigOxBBQ

BigOxBBQ Member

LOL It's pretty decent
  4. FedgE_The_Beer_Baron

FedgE_The_Beer_Baron Member

I'll be drinking this tomorrow night
  5. BigbROB

BigbROB Member

Personally I would go for regular BCS before this. So if you are at the 25th tomorrow I would stand in other lines before this. I love funky beers, but I feel like the little bit of funk takes away from the bourbon taste we all love in BCS. Just my two cents but wouldnt be the first variant I go for. Wait that means longer lines where I want to go if people listen to me. Nevermind it is awesome and get multiple samples.
  6. mikeburd1128

mikeburd1128 Member

I sampled this at the brewery a month or so ago and I loved it. Side by side with coffee and BCBS. Baudoinia was really wonderful. So balanced and smooth. No heat like BCBS. Really blew me away.
  7. FedgE_The_Beer_Baron

I'm going to a one year anniversary of a brewery in machesney park il. Pig minds brewery
  8. FedgE_The_Beer_Baron

Aside from that i got a decent stock of bcbs and a bottle of coffee left. Had some coffee on tap last weekend it was wonderful.