1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand releases '13

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by PsilohsaiBiN, Aug 29, 2013.

1. PsilohsaiBiN

PsilohsaiBiN Savant (480) New York Aug 10, 2010

We all know that Coffee is in 4 packs this year and that we'll also see Barleywine along with standard BCBS. Does anyone know if there will be another one-off bomber as usual, or is the Barleywine going to take up that slot?

Of course I've heard the coconut rumors, was just curious if anyone's heard anything new.
  2. JOHNNY88

JOHNNY88 Initiate (0) California Aug 29, 2013

I hope its coconut. I also heard there's like a bramble redux with boysenberry, marionberry and something else
    Richie1124 and BeerMeFitz like this.
  3. Think distro will be nationwide due to the InBev purchase?
    theandychrist, ediaz and RyanCave like this.

4. We do? I didn't. Source?

EDIT: Never mind - saw the label.
  5. aranton

aranton Savant (275) New York Apr 3, 2012

GI rep said the one off bomber will be Mulberry.
    makdeco likes this.
  6. Dupage25

Dupage25 Savant (305) Antarctica Jul 4, 2013

Multiple competing rumors.

Bourbon County Coconut Rye, which was debuted at Bavarian Lodge in March-ish. A modified recipe incorporating rye malt (not rye whiskey barrel), aged in the regular BCS barrels with coconut.

Bourbon County with mulberries, based on this and this.

Bourbon County with boysenberries, based on this.

Bourbon County with Marion blackberries, based on.....err, nothing, just word of mouth.

A "Backyard Bramble" incorporating two or more of the above berries, presumably aged in rye barrels once again.

I love boysenberry jam and I like blackberries, so either of those would be fine by me. I have no idea what mulberries taste like.
  7. Dupage25

Most reps don't know anything, there was one guy in May claiming there would be a Bourbon County Huckleberry out by now. See also the numerous Founders reps continually getting the next Backstage release wrong, and not knowing what the base beer for KBS is.
    chopz, kristougher, Jake1605 and 8 others like this.
  8. It would be awesome if there was some sort of mint chocolate variation. The mint chocolate Stone collaboration was stellar and just picturing something along those lines aged in bourbon barrels would be a real treat.
  9. KWMiles

KWMiles Initiate (0) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

BCBS Watermelon Wheat get in mah mouf!
  10. willseph

willseph Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 31, 2011

A guy I know who knows a rep says BCBBS - Bourbon County Brand Breastmilk Stout is going to be on tap.
  11. mcc1654

mcc1654 Savant (355) Illinois Mar 20, 2011

I would suckle from that tap.

12. BCBBS Rare - made with only the finest Cambodian breast milks.
  13. Marion Berry, boysenberry, mulberry in rye barrels.

Also, repeat thread.
    match1112 likes this.
  14. Infinite1

Infinite1 Savant (310) Illinois Jul 2, 2010

Mission berry ?
  15. Steasy66

Steasy66 Savant (310) Minnesota Feb 23, 2012

I was told in line at GTMW by someone from GI (no idea who) and I was told it would be Coconut and something called 'backyard bramble' if my drunk memory serves me which include various berries harvested around Chicago.
  16. I heard they are releasing BCBSS: Bourbon County Brand Soleil Stout, brewed with cloudberries.
  17. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

BCBoDS is coming. I'm pretty sure.

18. Uber-whale, at least 4 DDG units per bottle. Arbitrator gun be mad.
    aasher, leftyhyzer, thaghost and 8 others like this.
  19. Pretty sure the one off will be Bourbon County Light, with 50% less flavor and calories
    ediaz, loweball727, RyanCave and 18 others like this.
  20. BruChef

BruChef Savant (285) New York Nov 8, 2009

Get a complimentary sugar cookie from queens with your purchase of BCBBS Rare...Bitches!
  21. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

I would feed from that teet every day
    jkane101, Hanzo and dachshunddude86 like this.
  22. spicoli00

spicoli00 Advocate (610) Indiana Jul 6, 2005

This year's batch wasn't as good as last year's batch
  23. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

I can't wait for the banana foster variant.
  24. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (450) Utah Jul 12, 2012

Do you know what the base beer is for KBS? I bet there's only a few people in the world that know that answer. I bet they all work or worked for the brewery.
  25. Other than mulberries on the bush, pictures of berries at the brewery are rather nondescript and could easily be the very same mulberry. Predictably, nothing that is said on BA Forums is recalled even a week later (photos of GI people picking mulberries in a Chicago park posted on the same thread):
    BeerMeFitz and Dupage25 like this.
  26. cetherid

cetherid Savant (385) Indiana Aug 23, 2010

Must be the Chuck Berry Breakfast Stout I've heard rumors about.
    TonyJ815, aasher, Bond111 and 2 others like this.
  27. Infinite1

Infinite1 Savant (310) Illinois Jul 2, 2010

No boo berries ?
    somenerd, Ravenacht and Photekut like this.
  28. Whatever they are making there should be MORE of it this year.
    As I've stated before, when GI entered NJ our distributor had a tap takeover promo party at my local beer bar. Three GI employees were there (one was from marketing, one was a brewer and one was management) and I talked to each one. They were just making the switch over to do the round year beers out of the new brewery InBev built for them in NY state. So I asked them if that meant they would be doing more of the limited and one-offs out of Chicago and they all said that was the plan, to up production on Bourbon County and other small batch beers.
    I also asked my craft contact for my GI distributor if he had heard if more of the BCBS beers were coming to them this year (they only got 5cs Coffee and 2cs Cherry Rye last year and apparently had to hem and haw to get them) and he said yes and added sometime in December before the holidays.
    Hopefully everything I've been told is true and that GI is using the Chicago brewery to both experiment with more variations and up production on the ones already established.
    SadMachine likes this.
  29. ant880

ant880 Advocate (630) New York Nov 7, 2010

Wasnt there a thread a while back that said it would be twigs and berries?
  30. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (450) Utah Jul 12, 2012

Sounds salty.
    ant880 and mjshearer1 like this.
  31. So, now that GI is in MD, does that mean we will get BCBS? I have seen BCBS in MD before GI was here but that was only at Perfect Pour and it was $12 a bottle. I've only had the Bramble Rye, but that was at an impromptu bottleshare.
    FantomeOpera and mcaulifww like this.
  32. Dupage25

Oh I remember, I also remember the one that got locked for some reason.
    VictorWisc likes this.
  33. Compton25

Compton25 Savant (325) Texas Jan 25, 2011

Time to break out Chappelle show tonight lol. Thanks guys
    Rizalini, Clonies720 and BorisKarloff like this.
  34. Crotch dander and toe cheese version?
  35. You might want to look here for some detail:
  36. OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  37. Jeffreysan

Jeffreysan Savant (280) Maryland Apr 12, 2013

God I hope that we'll be getting a bigger alotment of BCBS here in Maryland. $12 a bottle at the Perfect Pour, even though i bout some, is too much. Then again, BCBS is a damn good beer. But still...
  38. I am def psyched for BCBS season, but I've been a bit out of the loop on this whole thing. Can someone briefly summarize what we know for sure, and what we are fairly confident about? Between the jokes and rumors in the thread, I'm not sure where we stand.
  39. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Is there a date?
  40. LSMroz

LSMroz Savant (255) Illinois Jan 25, 2013

Am I too late to make a Bourbon County Brand Crunch Berries joke?

I hear it will DESTROY the roof of your mouth...