1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout to be available year-round

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by BeerBuckeye, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brunite

Brunite Savant (420) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

Understood. I'm sure that most here would have liked to see GI stay within the founding family. Let's hope that the availability increases and quality continues for those who continue to search out these products.
    Holmes698 likes this.
  2. not for 08,10,11
    cosmicevan likes this.
  3. pudgym29

pudgym29 Aficionado (135) Illinois Mar 14, 2009

I bought a four-pack of 12-oz. bottles which was bottled on 23 August for $23.99 at Capone's on N. Elston Ave on 13 October. I may go there again to see if it has more.:cool:
  4. You must be referring to frangelic mountain brown....
  5. jcreegan

jcreegan Aficionado (220) Florida Aug 12, 2010

From what I have read production of BCBS will not leave GI premises.
  6. I've read that i production is going to St.Louis ,where there is room for 5,000 Boubon Barrels!
  7. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (335) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

Looking forward to seeing the big BCBS Super Bowl commercial!
  8. freewill35

freewill35 Advocate (605) Indiana Oct 27, 2007

This is great news!
  9. rschne13

rschne13 Aficionado (155) Missouri Jul 23, 2009

Despite the increased production this year I have still found it quite difficult to land
    Psychmusic likes this.
  10. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

11. Goose Island is coming to the Charlotte area this month, from what I hear. good news
  12. bwiechmann

bwiechmann Savant (300) Minnesota Nov 30, 2009

I picked up a four pack in Indiana for $16 and change. If the takeover of GI has led to these prices, I'm all for it.
  13. Tilley4

Tilley4 Advocate (520) Tennessee Nov 13, 2007

I've heard over and over they were coming to TN.. Hoping that's true and if so, this may be the best beer news I've heard in a while. If they make this year round, I'll be buying loads of it...
  14. dvelcich

dvelcich Savant (330) Illinois Feb 6, 2008

It's shitty to see people in IN and NY paying less for four packs than us here in Chicago. The cheapest I've seen it has been $19.99, but people have claimed to pay as low as $14.99 in other states. Seems like with distribution the price would be a little higher.
  15. visualmartyr

visualmartyr Savant (360) Indiana Oct 22, 2012

where at in indiana?
  16. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (620) Florida Jul 15, 2011

Now distribute nationwide!
  17. visualmartyr

visualmartyr Savant (360) Indiana Oct 22, 2012

i paid 21.99 for it in indy...and all of my people are paying about the same...im curious to see exactly where in indiana they are paying under 20 bucks...
  18. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Savant (270) Iowa Aug 15, 2012

Bourbon County Stout Light Lime Platinum-arita! In new 9 pack aluma-bottles.

Just thought you were missing something....
    CreamandCrimson likes this.
  19. MagillaGriller

MagillaGriller Savant (315) Aug 20, 2012

This beer is the number one reason for one less zero in my bank account....and I'm not done.
    davey101 likes this.
  20. Founders - AB= no year round KBS money money money money money, mooonneeyy
  21. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

I bought 3 cases in chicago
    This years might be one of the best vintages
  22. cpinto6

cpinto6 Savant (365) Georgia Feb 25, 2010

Also, I have a friend that works for AB in St. Louis and according to what he knows, AB bought GI more as an experiment than anything else. GI brews and bottles their beer much quicker than AB does with most of theirs so primarily they wanted to learn how that was being done and have no plans of interfering with anything GI...they just wanted to learn from them. At least that's the story he was fed.
  23. cpinto6

Sure eventually but its really available longer than its not.
  24. cpinto6

That's not the case at all...it depends on the distributor and retailer. Here we have damn good prices and even though everything the Shelton Bros import I believe comes in through MA, I can get all their portfolio cheaper here than in MA even though you'd think distribution would make it more expensive.
  25. i'm hearing by year end for TN, at least for Nashville. We are still seeing Lagunitas trickle in, so it might be early 2013.
  26. Tilley4

Tilley4 Advocate (520) Tennessee Nov 13, 2007

I was hoping to see some Lagunitas Sucks and a little Brown Shugga as well... I'm hoping those brews will make it when they do release... Thanks for the info...
  27. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Savant (420) Indiana Oct 19, 2006

The cheapest I've seen it in IN is $19.99. Pretty much anywhere in Lake Co has been $19.99. Most of the shops in Porter Co have been $21.99. $21.99 is still not too bad. We pay lower sales tax than IL, too.
  28. bozodogbreath

I picked up a 4 pack in MN for $12.99
  29. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

How could you have picked up a 4 pack in MN for $12.99? Unless it was some time ago, & the place had no idea what the beer is...
    fujindemon74 likes this.
  30. bozodogbreath

It was BS. The poster who I responded to said he bought BCBS for $16 and change in IN is from MN, so I was jerking some chain. I doubt anyone was selling BCBS in IN for less than $17. Sorry to have sucked you in.
  31. And yet they moved their production of 312 from Chicago to NY...doesn't quite add up to me
  32. cpinto6

That actually does make sense to me...to free up space at GI for their other brews. 312 probably takes away a lot of their brewing capacity. They brought the GI team to NY to teach the exact brewing process to the people that will be brewing it and then they went back to make adjustments. So far nothing they've done with GI foreshadows them messing with the product IMO. Then again, if you're using their past as a guide ,in other words their MO of hostile takeovers then yea...GI and its followers are screwed.
    CreamandCrimson likes this.
  33. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

Hey no worries!! Hard to pick up on things like that sometimes. Plus I would have been pissed if BCBS was on the streets without my knowledge.
    bozodogbreath likes this.
  34. MagillaGriller

MagillaGriller Savant (315) Aug 20, 2012

Thanks so much to Adam, my new besty beer bud. In Fla this is like Black Gold, Texas Tea...
    [​IMG]
    visualmartyr and franklinn like this.
  35. this is true, but we're only going to see their 12oz year-round lineup first. Possibly followed by Sofie or another high volume 22oz bottle. I wouldn't expect to see BCBS in NC anytime soon.
  36. Just had some GI BCBS on tap tonight for the first time ever! Had it from the bottle many times, but never saw it on tap before! OMG so good and oily! $13 per 12oz glass... worth every penny!!!
    Joah52 likes this.
  37. Come over to my house and you will! Couple bottles ready for consumption
  38. like this. hopefully we can get it in VT down the road
  39. In this available in NorCal at all?
  40. I would lobe to see BCBS year round as long as the other variations are kept on a limited release basis. After all That's what makes this whole looking for beers you want fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.