1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout to be available year-round

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by BeerBuckeye, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

I can still get cases at 24 a four pak, a few places around here ordered properly, and, at least here, the subject of this thread may be accurate
    SubpoenaDeuces likes this.
  2. I for one am looking forward to seeing lowball BCBS trade offers becoming a year round tradition from the midwest and available markets.

I previously would only be able to enjoy offers of "3 BCBS for BA Kopi Speedway" and "4 pk of BCBS for Churchills Finest Hour" in the final fiscal quarter, with this stunning new development I can enjoy lopsided offshelf sub$4$ offers on a year round basis.

I can only hope that the fruited BCBS variants will also be released on a bi-annual basis as well to ensure that Goose Island traders can secure rare brewery only releases on a year round basis with a few swift trips to their local bottleshops.
    FTowne, pschul4, Sarlacc83 and 2 others like this.
  3. MikeTen

MikeTen Initiate (0) California Apr 3, 2009

Bravo, you're not wrong, just wish you didn't sound quite so formulaic at this point.
  4. I didn't read this thread all the way through as I'm sure it is very repetitive and full of nonsense, but maybe I can shed a little light on this. Last Thursday my girlfriend and I were able to get a private tour with one of the brewers at the Goose Island production brewery (not the brewpub). Got to spend a decent amount of time there and taste some pretty great beers. While the AB takeover has cleared up some space and time for them - a new room devoted solely to brewing Matilda, a room devoted to a new bottling line for thicker walled, champagne style bottles - they are still AT CAPACITY in their barrel aging warehouses. They were quite a sight to see, by the way. So while we will definitely see more of the bourbon county lines, I don't know if it's going to be your typical year round offering.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.