1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout - Coffee and Cherry Rye '12

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Swiderek202, Nov 22, 2012.

1. funhog

funhog Savant (420) Illinois Mar 8, 2011

I agree. Whatcha gonna do??? Sell to the highest revenue customers over the past month/year??? Not Good!
  2. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

I'm not happy if you're happy...Vav's point has been made.
  3. Well we'll just have to teach those folks about probability and statistics :D

But yes, given a dozen different perspectives on what's right, there will always be at least one of us beer nerds upset.
  4. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Savant (260) California Apr 27, 2011

it is what it is, thats all i have to say, we dont even get BCBS where i live I trade to get it, and Ill tell you what if we did get it i couldnt afford it, our stores here charged 27.95 for abyss i cant imagine what they would charge for BCBS bottles
  5. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

Cherry Rye, Bramble, and Coffee bottles at Barrelhouse Flat for an unbeatable $30 each! Get here quick, the CR is nearly gone!

Also BCS 12 11 Night Stalker & Big John on tap
    MarcatGSB likes this.
  6. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

I really like Barrelhouse Flat...we stayed not more than two blocks from there in October, and visited it a couple times, ate there more than once, and enjoyed it each time. A unique, charming place. Enjoy!
  7. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

Classy yet not intimidating, interesting food and decent beers- particularly tonight. Guess I picked a good eve for my first visit
    MarcatGSB likes this.
  8. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Well, I'll be. Barrelhouse Flat is not listed in the BeerFly guide, so thanks for reminding me of this great place, I added it to the queue, and will review it very warmly when it's added! Cheers, have a great night!
    foobula likes this.
  9. SSGKIM

SSGKIM Disciple (70) Illinois Jan 6, 2013

Coffee sighted at my regular store on the northside of Chicago.
  10. When people post about bottles available at restaurants, that's for on site consumption right? Or are there going to be lines to get into restaurants and bars just to grab bottles and then get out?
  11. nucmedmario

nucmedmario Savant (320) Illinois Sep 1, 2010

depends on their liquor license. some allow you to buy them and take them home. or you just have to know the right people.
  12. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

This. I believe it is illegal for a restaurant or bar to sell alcohol to-go and they can get in some serious trouble.
  13. mdomask

mdomask Savant (310) Illinois May 27, 2012

Unless they also have a packaged good licence. There are several places I know that have bars in back and do package sales up front.
    Lansman and nucmedmario like this.
  14. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Good point, but not allowed in the traditional sense.
  15. mdomask

mdomask Savant (310) Illinois May 27, 2012

Fair point there, too.

Not that places haven't done the "I'll just let you open this bottle" thing.