1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Massachusetts - Sightings!

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by wdarcy77, Oct 17, 2012.

1. wdarcy77

wdarcy77 Member

BobZ likes this.
  2. Trevdawg

Trevdawg Member

this thread is going to anger me. always disappointed when i read about sightings... first Parabola, now BCBS....
  3. Dope

Dope Member

There WAS a thread but it got deleted with no explanation. It tends to happen on BA. You get used to it.

Dope
    603BeerMe and franklinn like this.
  4. davey101

davey101 Member

Next week is the release date. No wait, the week after that. Nope, sorry...its actually the week after that one.
  5. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire Member

Why talk about beer relative to a release in a specific region? Please delete this thread.

Yea that makes sense.
  6. Psychmusic

Psychmusic Member

If this get's pushed to November, I'll literally have heard "sometime next week" for an entire month. But life goes on

In fairness, earlier threads have kind of descended into meme posting so keep this one free of that and specific to Mass. and I'm sure we're fine.
  7. ComRock12

ComRock12 Member

It would be nice to know that somebody found some in MA, and hopefully not the only case...
  8. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Member

Julio's posted on their FB Saturday that it's been pushed back to early November due to "miscommunication in the supply chain".
  9. Unbrewery

Unbrewery Member

Sorry, but how does that miscommunication happen?

"Hey, do you want BCBS?"

"Yes, I do."

"Okay, let me just write that down on my order form, and--OH MY GOD A RHINOCEROS!"
  10. InfinityonTrial

InfinityonTrial Member

Something tells me the distributor is fucking dumb.
    Horbar likes this.
  11. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Member

November? TIME TO PLACE SOME CALLS!
  12. jacksback

jacksback Member

Likely more an issue that the distributor doesn't really care. I bet they make more money off the Bud Light they sell before noon on a Wednesday than off the entire season's worth of BCBS.

Or are people forgetting who distributes this now?
  13. Horbar

Horbar Member

No, no, no, sorry, you are wrong. It is the week after the last week you said.
    davey101 likes this.
  14. Auror

Auror Member

It's worse than they don't care. It's a hassle. Distributor reps hate limited releases. They don't make much money off the items, their stores get pissed when the allocation (which isn't under the reps' control) doesn't favor them, they get bugged for info by store employees (guilty as charged) every store they go into when they usually don't know anything (especially in the case of AB and such, where it's not usually their job to be plugged into the limited beer pipeline), and it's even worse in cases like this where it seems the public was fed incorrect information regarding when the beer would be hitting the streets.
  15. Archemedies

Archemedies Member

Hopefully is does not get "misallocated" like this years Parabola.
    Trevdawg likes this.
  16. noob

noob Member

After BCS, what hott beer will be next? I want to start a post about the next beer we absolutely have to have.
    franklinn likes this.
  17. Massbmx

Massbmx Member

With Parabola and now this I'm beginning to think distributors are delaying things on purpose just to come check the forum and laugh at everyone flipping out. Maybe if we act like we dont care limited releases will get to stores early?
  18. KingHenry

KingHenry Member

There are numerous AB distributors in Ma
  19. mattszczesiul

mattszczesiul Member

20. cbeer88

cbeer88 Member

I also heard November the other day from a beer manager. (Not even early November, just unknown November)
  21. BostonHops

BostonHops Member

i'm not budgeted for BCBS and backwoods bastard releases to coincide, damn it!
  22. BobZ

BobZ Member

Just a F.Y.I., dropped into Julio's yesterday afternoon and confirmed the same story as mentioned earlier, they were told it's now not coming until November (as in early November for what that's worth).

Good consolation prizes to be found there as always, walked out with a few 4-packs of FBS that were still hanging around.
  23. ElGallo

ElGallo Member

And your source on this is...? If true, it would be hilarious when you consider that the majority of Goose Island's east coast distro is brewed in NH.
  24. mattszczesiul

mattszczesiul Member

I was told Nov. as well untill last monday when of my distributors said it didnt make the cut
  25. MA08

MA08 Member

At at least made it to the NH Brewfest a couple of weeks ago. It would be odd if it didn't make it
  26. Psychmusic

Psychmusic Member

Early november will be arriving tomorrow, any word on this?
  27. mcintire78

mcintire78 Member

This reminds me of when I tried to convince my Mom that Christmas began at 12:01am...
  28. soze47

soze47 Member

My brother in law got a four pack in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago. After I told him what a shit show this release is every year in MA, he said he'd save the three that we didn't drink until Christmas when I can bring them back to MA. Glad I can sit this one out after searching far and wide for other brews recently.

It sounds like this has been available for a couple of weeks elsewhere and Mass is yet again well behind other states. We are blessed to get such great distro here, but cursed with a system that seems to allow beers to languish in warehouses. At least this isn't like Harvest Ale when each passing day robs us of hoppy freshness.
  29. cbeer88

cbeer88 Member

Yeah - this is really starting to become a trend with rarities in MA. Funny how everybody's pumpkin ale seems to hit shelves promptly, but when it comes to stuff like Parabola or BCBS it takes 2 months. Our distro is great in terms of number of breweries, but something is not quite right.
  30. Archemedies

Archemedies Member

Still no sightings yet? Funny state we live in...
  31. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Member

I was told 2 more weeks by one store...and that was only based off something they heard.
    ComRock12 likes this.
  32. ComRock12

ComRock12 Member

Pretty sure they meant 2 more years.... just saying.
    franklinn likes this.
  33. ljkeats

ljkeats BA Fest Captain

Local beer guy in Medford (Atlas) said he has no idea when or how much.
    "Up to the distro guys." And Atlas seems to be a good sized GI seller...
  34. rowingbrewer

rowingbrewer Member

I may be wrong, but i think BCBS, its variants, and three sisters allocations are based off of AB InBev portfolio sales in general not just Goose Island sales
    Psychmusic likes this.
  35. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Member

That is correct. Some places can sell a ton of GI, but not much inbev and thus get no BCBS.
  36. BostonHops

BostonHops Member

well the way things stand, nobody is getting BCBS. :mad:
  37. ljkeats

ljkeats BA Fest Captain

Oh, I know. Atlas sells plenty of Bud. Just thought that the fact that they sell lots of GI would give tthe distributor a little extra incentive. Of course, as said in other posts, there's no BCBS anywhere in MA right now.
  38. rowingbrewer

rowingbrewer Member

Gotta love Massachusetts distro. As others have said before bcbs parabola abacus etcs take months to get here and I swear other states get cantillon on the shelves before us, and the importer is in our state.
  39. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Member

Cantillon is here right now.
    AutumnBeerLove likes this.
  40. iflah45

iflah45 Member

How fast did it run out at Julio's? 45 seconds?