1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Massachusetts - Sightings!

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by wdarcy77, Oct 17, 2012.

1. i'm not holding my breath about ever deciphering the great, unknowable riddle that is the beer distribution system in mass. when we'll get certain allotments, how much we'll get, what stores will receive it, allotments that just vanish... it's like this mind-bending mystery on every level. maybe it's better not to think about it.
  2. FYI Burlington Wine and Spirits just got it in. (1 4pk limit, $24.80) They must have JUST got it, they had to put it into the system before I purchased it.
    Dope likes this.
  3. The Wine Press in Brookline just got some. $23.99.
  4. Just got an email from the beer manager at Wines & More in Mansfield -- BCS arrived on Thursday. Three-bottle limit, located on the shelf behind the front checkout, so you have to ask for it. Not sure of the price.
  5. Sesmu

Sesmu Savant (290) Massachusetts Feb 28, 2007

It's off-topic, but since it was mentioned...
    So you used to go there, talked to the owners, and found them pompous?!? Really?!? They're anything, but, imo. In fact, I find them quite humble when they talk about their store.
    About the subject, and I personally discussed it with them: they decided simply not to deal with InBev. That's all there is to it. Yes, unfortunately, good brands got caught in this, too, but this is their stance - not to do business with InBev. Period. Almost every beer geek considers it his/her duty to shit on Bud related products and business, but when a retail store does it, it's, for some reason, perceived as pompousness and snobbery.
    brikelly likes this.
  6. CADMixes

CADMixes Savant (250) Massachusetts Feb 29, 2012

I don't know if CBC is pompous, but I do think they make a self-conscious effort to be something other than a liquor store. Thing is, I like liquor stores.
  7. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (345) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

I think this is probably the case, not some snobbery about dictating what is and is not craft beer. I've found Kate and Suzanne to be nothing but wonderful over the past few years.
    IcemanCometh and BleepBloopBlap like this.
  8. Any sightings in the South Shore? I am hoping Kappys in Falmouth might get some...
  9. Uh, duh. Hence the name.
  10. Craft Liquor Cellar anyone?
    Psychmusic and sjverla like this.
  11. Kappy's Medford today 5pm it will be released as part of GI tasting

Fun with rush hour traffic!
  12. I've been there once and that area was awful to drive in on a Saturday, I can't imagine in rush hour.
  13. Dope

Dope Advocate (545) Massachusetts Oct 5, 2010

It's behind the counter, you have to ask for it. Just FYI for anyone else who goes there.

Dope
  14. The traffic is brutal around there always. Any idea on bottle limits?
  15. CADMixes

Asked them that on Facebook but they haven't replied.
  16. Grabbed a 4pk based on this tip. Thanks man, I owe you one!
    Psychmusic likes this.
  17. CADMixes

1 four-pack per customer, $21.99
  18. Picked up a 4pk at Beer and Wine At the Andovers. Paid $30. I feel dirty.
  19. wdarcy77

wdarcy77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Nov 27, 2008

Picked some up at Curtis Liquors in Weymouth today.
    No idea what their allocation was.

BUT
    The store reminded me of Master P . . . NO LIMIT!!
    paddyfitz and CADMixes like this.
  20. Blanchards in Allston got their shipment. They're making calls to people who are on the hold list. Good luck to all!
    Psychmusic likes this.
  21. blanchard's in allston got some- 25 plus deposit though their getting it to people on their waitlist first
    girlmeetsbeer16 likes this.
  22. Happy to help. Just hope people keep up the tips when (or if) Boston gets cherry and coffee!
    AdamP likes this.
  23. When it finally makes it here 5 months from now...
  24. holy cow.
  25. Agreed. Going to be a tougher one to reel in I reckon but if I get any solid info there will be a head's up going your way.
  26. hnbc34

hnbc34 Aspirant (30) Massachusetts Oct 13, 2011

Just bought 2 (that's all you could buy ) at Gordon's on Main in Waltham. They also had a bit of FBS (grabbed some of that as well)
  27. Resuin

Resuin Champion (795) Massachusetts Jun 18, 2012

FYI: Still have some at Gordon's in Waltham - 2 bottle limit. $5.99 per. Gotta ask though.
  28. Just got back from Kappy's in Medford. I got there a few minutes past 5:00. They were opening the first of what looked like three remaining cases. $21.99/4. 4-bottle limit as previously stated.
  29. Well that's some bullshit.

Every day for a week, after work I've been walking down to Gordon's in Watertown and asking "Hey, I don't suppose the Bourbon County has come in yet, eh?"

"Nope, supposedly tomorrow."

Repeat.

I go in tonight, "Hey, has the Bourbon County come in yet."

"Sorry, only if you reserved it."

"Wait, what? I've been coming in every night asking about it. Nobody mentioned that you needed to reserve it."

"We didn't know you needed to."

[​IMG]
  30. brikelly

brikelly Savant (405) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. They make trips to CBC a real delight. Having a wonderful beer selection AND such phenomenally helpful, friendly staff make it a place worth driving to. Frequently.
    mpyoung215 likes this.
  31. AdamP

AdamP Savant (395) Pennsylvania Mar 26, 2012

Same here. They also had a few bottles of Madame Rose left at $9.99/bomber, as opposed to Ball Square's $17.74 price tag for the same beer. I stupidly only bought one...
  32. CADMixes

They were doing a one-bottle limit on Madame Rose, don't beat yourself up.
  33. holy crap. shoulda gotten that. passed because ball square was so pricy. that has to be a misprice at Kappy's.... right?
  34. AdamP

AdamP Savant (395) Pennsylvania Mar 26, 2012

I guess? The Goose Island rep was there and actually the one who told me the price. Regardless, even just one bottle at $9.99 is a nice treat.
  35. well, if a goose island rep was there, then i believe it! i just figured the price to the store was probably that high.. i've never seen one of the three sisters for under $12, ever.

see http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/madame-rose-price-check.48603/
  36. Horbar

Horbar Advocate (555) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2012

This years BCBS tastes great and has been the easiest time I've had getting some. Very pleased. The only issue has been the time it took to hit the shelves. So much for the doom and gloom. Hickey's liqours in Milford has some left yesterday.
    BostonHops likes this.
  37. Holding 4-packs for the first people who called about it originally, but selling to anyone that asks about it. $25.99. It'll go on the shelf eventually if it doesn't sell out in a reasonable amount of time with this method.
    Psychmusic likes this.

38. Stopped in tonight...asked if they had any left, guy said he sold his one case before Thanksgiving.....so yeah...not sure what happened there...
    AleLovinRuskie likes this.
  39. Wegman's still has some left - 4 pack for 19.99.
  40. Curtis can be a night and day experience depending on who you talk to. I've had everything from "very helpful beer guy" to "being called retarded for spending $10 on a 12oz bottle of beer".