Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Massachusetts - Sightings!

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by wdarcy77, Oct 17, 2012.

1. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (400) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Anyone know if MA will get coffee or cherry rye versions?

2. MA is on the list that GI put out stating what states were getting the BCBS variants.

3. wdarcy77

wdarcy77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Nov 27, 2008

Huh? I bought my BCBS through their site on Monday. Beer guy called to cofirm and said they wouldn't have it in til Thursday. No prob I'll stop by on Friday.

2 4pks in hand with no hassle.

Sounds like the guy you spoke with was a real corncob. Should've told him to hit the bricks.

patrickcmcd likes this.
  4. Whole Foods on River St. in Cambridge had several 4 packs on the shelf as of last night. $24

IcemanCometh likes this.
  5. My buddy delivers for Bud and he told me yesterday he dropped 10 cases at Blanchards in Allston. I'd give a call before making the trip, though.

6. AdamP

AdamP Savant (405) Pennsylvania Mar 26, 2012

Atlas Liquors in Medford has about four cases worth at $21.99/4-pack and no limit that I'm aware of. There's also a sixer of Ithaca Flower Power I left on the shelf for the first lucky BA who makes it in there. :) Cheers and happy hunting!

7. Sesmu

Sesmu Savant (325) Massachusetts Feb 28, 2007

That is strange. Tom, the beer manager, said that it will be reserved, for whoever asked, AND walk-ins. 2 bottle limit. So it wasn't reservation-only, wasn't supposed to be, at least.

8. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (380) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

Per Facebook post as of yesterday, it's on tap at Sunset.

9. I was at Wegman's at 12:45 today they had 6 4 packs on the new release craft beer rack 19.99 per .

seanwhite likes this.
  10. Picked up a 4-pack @ Bay View Liquors in Southie this afternoon. $25. Not sure how many they have left...

11. Still had some as of 6pm tonight

12. It was disappointing, but I had to laugh. If there really was a list, you would think someone would have mentioned it one of the 6-7 times I inquired about it. Maybe I'm just naive.

13. jomobono

jomobono Savant (400) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

Yes, I literally sprinted through the liquor department with my grocery cart when I saw them.

14. Sesmu

Sesmu Savant (325) Massachusetts Feb 28, 2007

In many stores it all depends on who you talk to. Some have no clue and/or any interest in providing a friendly service to a customer.

15. Pemberton Farms just put some out, $5.95 a bottle. Of much, much more interest is the $7.95 bombers of Madame Rose. I guess GI dropped the price on that this year. Holy crap.

16. Well, I got the shaft then. I paid $17 last night at the Wine Press in Brookline...

17. I think either you or the store missed a 1 in front of the bottle cost:
    http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/madame-rose-price-check.48603/

That said, it should be an $8 beer. I can get authentic oud bruins imported from Belgium for about that.

18. I posted this in the Maine BCBS thread, but thought everyone here should know too. Cherry and coffee have hit ME - Bangor Wine and Cheese got cherry this afternoon. When I was in Bangor for Thanksgiving, they had recently received BCBS. Then it hit MA about two weeks later. Don't know if the same pattern will follow, but it looks like the others might be here soon...

19. pjl44

pjl44 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Oct 3, 2008

TWStandley likes this.
  20. I did not miss a 1 - but Kappy's was selling them for $9.95 (see earlier in the thread), and the poster claimed it was a GI rep selling it - so I'm not convinced this was necessarily an error.

21. God I wish I didn't graduate from UMO last year. Eric has been getting better and better beers...

22. That place is now my go-to stop driving through Maine since Florian's in Auburn got bought by Roopers and went to shit.

23. I love Hogan Road Deli. Totally random to see such an awesome selection in a little gas station, but it works!

24. 5 4pks and a few singles on the shelf at the store beside the closed Foodmaster on Alewife Brook Parkway in Somerville. $21.99/ea...I bought 2 the other day.
    This stuff seems to be everywhere...I got some at the Sav-Mor next to the little Whole Foods too, but it's gone from there now.

25. As of yesterday evening, there were a couple of 4pks at Boston Wine Exchange in the Financial District.

26. Wow just popped my cherry on BCBS, words can't describe...buy as much as you can

27. Just bought a Cherry and Coffee today. I am very excited.

28. AdamP

AdamP Savant (405) Pennsylvania Mar 26, 2012

Bourbon was way too hot for me fresh... couldn't taste much of the base beer. Looking forward to revisiting this after some time in the cellar.

29. I think it's more the smell than the actual taste, IMO the taste is fantastically balanced

Horbar likes this.
  30. In RI?

31. I'm loving having to drive to MA less and less now to get all the fantastic releases right here in RI. And no, I have no idea what store they are at yet. I will inform if/when I find out.

32. Guys/gals...if you are looking for regular BCBS, RI is swimming in it at the moment. High Spirits in Providence has 5 cases sitting right out on the floor for $22 a 4-pack, no limit...plus some in the cooler and on the shelf in singles for $6.99. CHEERS.

33. Where did you score the cherry & coffee?

34. where did you find this magic

35. Nikkis Liquors in North Providence. But they said it was a VERY limited supply. I'd call before making the drive if you live a decent distance away.

I called around and none of the other locals (Yankee Spirits, High Spirits, Gasbarros, etc.) had received it yet.

Cherry Rye was $19.99 and Coffee was $12.99.

They also had Bolt Cutter still available.

36. RI has it everywhere. I cant comprehend how some Boston stores had a 2 bottle limit, and a 45 minute drive south has cases and cases for that beer.

Hopefully, the same thing happens when KBS comes out.

37. Mass is getting shafted big time lately.

AutumnBeerLove likes this.
  38. just picked up a 4 pack at my local shop, after they offered to sell me the whole case right off the bat. i was amused.

39. Nikki's got a case of each of the Cherry and Coffee and sold them immediately. It appears no one else throughout RI or MA has gotten any so I have no idea how they did, but they did! Let's keep searching and help each other out!!!

bostonbeans likes this.
  40. This is a deal on the Coffee if I understand how the pricing is going elsewhere this year. Have seen it going for upwards of $20+ in some places (not in person yet this year) but $12.99 is on pace with prices from previous years.