1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout UK release?

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by mtbdonn, Nov 21, 2012.

1. mtbdonn

mtbdonn Savant (400) Colorado Dec 15, 2009

Has anyone seen/heard of the new release of BCBS hitting the UK yet? I was talking to the gentlemen that runs Beers of Europe in Kings Lynn which is the only place in which I found to carry some last year. He does have a standing order, but he has no idea when he will receive it.
    He has a decent online inventory, but he didn't have the BCBS listed last year and I just happen to walk in at the right time.
    Cheers!

2. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (495) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

I had a chat with the lads at Utobeer in London and they figured the 2012 should be in "soon". I'm keeping my eyes on the BOE website, that's for sure! The importer in Leeds seems to periodically release them, which is how I got my hands on some of the Vanilla Stout (cheers, Colin, ya beautiful bastard!).

3. I wouldn't put too much stock in what the Utobeer guys say, they talk a load of shit sometimes.

This year the release was February-March. Oh, and you'll have much more luck finding it at http://www.beerritz.co.uk/ than B.O.E.