1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Bourbon County variants

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by mmulebarn, Nov 23, 2013.

1. shadetree67

shadetree67 Savant (305) Minnesota Sep 11, 2013

Will be a very expensive day if that's the case

2. mmulebarn

mmulebarn Savant (470) Minnesota Sep 1, 2013

I think it will be worth it.

3. NeedBeerHere

NeedBeerHere Initiate (0) Minnesota Nov 21, 2013

I'd be happy just to get a couple of each bottles. I really don't care what I have to pay for them. This is my favorite beer. Was nice to drink a little at Senior Wongs tonight. They had a 1/6th of '12 BCBS and the same of '12 Darkness. I guess they had a Rum King by Indeed. Supposedly the only keg out of the brewery. It was pretty good. My first rum aged.

4. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (515) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

Haskell's Minnetonka just tweeted "Official word: #BCBS will not be available at the store this year. #bummer"

5. mnphish

mnphish Savant (375) Minnesota Aug 19, 2012

I saw this also :/

Zipps is doing a raffle system this year.

6. mmulebarn

I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for variants.

7. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Wow, and a friend in Pennsylvania said he had no problem getting a case or two.

8. Those damn Amish get all the lucky breaks...

pearceweb and BrettHead like this.
  9. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

That absolutely sucks. :(

10. mnphish

mnphish Savant (375) Minnesota Aug 19, 2012

Big top Eagan 2 bottle limit

11. MCImes

MCImes Savant (360) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

this is weak

(#FirstWorldProblems)

(still weak...)

12. Big top Eagan is sold out. Took only an hour. Good luck to everyone hunting!

13. MGM Eagan had some as of 11 am

14. dzyneguru

dzyneguru Savant (360) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

Gone at MGM eagan

15. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Wow, two quieter haunts near my house in the decidedly non-beer-hot-spot of Eagan wiped out within an hour in the middle of the day? I'm looking around for the plague of locusts.

BarrelAgedBarry and dzyneguru like this.
  16. Princeton's tweeted 30 min ago they have it in with a two bottle limit. I'll never make it there in time so good luck to everyone else!

17. Petcha

Petcha Savant (285) Minnesota Jul 30, 2012

Princeton's in MG just got regular BCBS, 2 bottle limit.

While there, I spoke with the GI distributor (nice guy). He basically said that no TC liquor stores will be getting any variants. They didn't get enough to distribute evenly to their accounts. He said that local bars/restaurants will get the variants and release them as special promotions/events.

I suppose the only way we'll know for sure is if anyone sees the variants turn up in the next few days, but it's not looking great

18. Is Coffee considered a variant? If so then 2 stores in Eagan received it.

19. dzyneguru

dzyneguru Savant (360) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

I saw BCBS and Coffee at MGM in Eagan (sadly it was being held for someone)... and he was expecting Backyard and BW later in the week.

20. Petcha

Maybe it's just for the NW suburbs then...

21. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Savant (320) Minnesota Jan 30, 2013

Not true. Surdyk's just sold out of BW and Coffee an hour ago. Note: BCBS was $21.99, the same price as in Chicago.

BarrelAgedBarry likes this.
  22. Petcha

Well good to know there's still a chance to find them

23. Not necessarily the same price. I had friends in Milwaukee and Chicago pick up 4 packs from $18.99 - $19.99. Either way....not much difference

24. I'm not sure who the 2 distributors are in the metro but it sounds like one sold variants to stores and the other didn't. I wonder if they got the same amount.

25. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Savant (320) Minnesota Jan 30, 2013

At all the Binny's in Chicago BCBS was $21.99 each. I bought two BCBS 4 pks in Appleton, WI, for $17.49 each.

26. cmannes

cmannes Savant (390) Minnesota Mar 15, 2009

Hy-Vee in Ames, IA. $24.99 a four pack.
    Princeton's in Maple Grove, MN. $4.99 a bottle. (Limit 2)

27. College City was the distributor I saw in Eagan.

28. mmulebarn

This thread is slowly ruining my day.

29. single bottle limits everywhere I went. no coffee or bramble.

30. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Savant (405) Minnesota Jun 24, 2013

I did some calling. ..Yeah.....I was that guy. Sounds as if some stores are still awaiting their shipment. Lowry said as late as Friday.

31. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Savant (445) Minnesota Jul 23, 2013

I checked 3 stores in the SE metro, then swung north, to head to my area (downtown/ne) - no one had any.

Closest i came was Surdyks, who i called and was told "we have plenty, if you get here soon you will be able to get some" - i got there 10 minutes later and they were out.

One of the shops I stopped at said they had a line of people at the door in the morning, who had followed the trucks. If you were one of those people, i hate you.

In response to my comment on the truck chasers, one of the other stores said "when we get it, we wont put up with that garbage, we sell to who we want, and will severely limit it".

32. AnalogErik

Eh, i have a 8am-5pm job, so i called out too, if i have an hour for lunch, i want to maximise it. Most places were out, and the ones that said they had it were out within the hour of me calling.

All i got out my hunt was a Crime and a Punishment from Stone.

33. MNBeer1017

MNBeer1017 Advocate (530) Minnesota Mar 27, 2013

If you chase trucks for beer you are a loser

Localdrinklax likes this.
  34. EJJ1848

What about Ice Cream? If so. I'm a pretty big loser

mnbearsfan and lonewolfcry like this.
  35. psychotia

psychotia Savant (375) Minnesota Jun 27, 2009

I thought you weren't hunting due to trade buddies hooking you up. Now my chances of finding any went down one MNRyan-worth....

36. I have come to the realization that I will not be getting any bottles of BW or coffee, luckily I have friends who will share theirs.

37. I am unsure if I am getting any regular/coffee/b wine.

38. AnalogErik

Luckily i have a few left from last year, and will try and trade. Or hope my buddy in chicago can come through.

39. EJJ1848

And to think that '12 hung around for a month or so after distribution.... Times they are a changin'

40. MNPikey

MNPikey Advocate (500) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Got two bottles of regular at Princetons around 1:45pm and they were almost out. Don't think I'll even bother trying to get more, too much hassle and I'm tired of running around town for beers.

Some stores got BW and Coffee.

Zips Facebook:

Zipp's Liquors Store
    To our beloved beer fans: Bourbon County Stout and Barleywine 4pks are in stock as of today, however, due to the extremely limited supply we will be raffling them off. Stop in today or tomorrow and talk to a cashier to enter! In-person entries only.