1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Bourbon County variants

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by mmulebarn, Nov 23, 2013.

1. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

'12? Good lord. I bought a bomber of '09 six months after it was released. Just four years ago BCS was an overpriced, dusty shelf poo.

I'm envisioning by '15 stores will be getting total allocations of two bottles each.

By '17, three to fours sips per store.

liverpool and Timmah11 like this.
  2. SipIt

SipIt Aficionado (205) Minnesota Jul 18, 2013

D@mn this sucks. This limited supply to MN forced me to have my poor mother cruising around Milwaukee to get me some. I'm too old to have my mother purchase me beer, but desperate times call for desperate measures...

Hopsiam14, pearceweb, McRyan and 2 others like this.
  3. JJWIGHT

JJWIGHT Savant (305) Minnesota Feb 14, 2012

My mom got me some in Madison. First truck chasers now comes "Rise of the Mother Truck Chasers". Watch out! Oh and Sweet Repute is out today.

4. maximum12

I'm more interested in Sweet Repute! Is this coming along at the same times as BCS or is it through a different distributor?

5. Spinaltapped

Spinaltapped Aficionado (205) Iowa Oct 24, 2013

I called into the local grocery store a few weeks before Black Friday, and I asked about their BCBS allotment and asked them to call me when they got some in. I missed the beer as I was in transit from Chicago to Iowa City and I was bummed as it seemed like I had missed my chance.

I received a call around 8PM yesterday from the grocery store stating that they had put aside a four pack of the BCBS, Coffee, and Barleywine in addition to a bomber of the Backyard for a gentlemen that they have been unable to get in contact with and were wondering if I would be interested in pu- I was at the store before the man was able to finish that sentence. $100 well spent. I'm so jazzed to have been able to get some. Hopefully, my sister was able to pick up some of the coconut and is waiting to tell me on my birthday.

pearceweb likes this.
  6. mnphish

mnphish Savant (375) Minnesota Aug 19, 2012

This thread needs less lurkers and more intel.

7. JMN44

JMN44 Aficionado (155) Minnesota Sep 19, 2013

Are all stores getting BCBS today or is it arriving on the normal delivery day this week?

8. JMN44

JMN44 Aficionado (155) Minnesota Sep 19, 2013

[quote
    Zips Facebook:

Zipp's Liquors Store
    To our beloved beer fans: Bourbon County Stout and Barleywine 4pks are in stock as of today, however, due to the extremely limited supply we will be raffling them off. Stop in today or tomorrow and talk to a cashier to enter! In-person entries only.[/quote]
    Count me in as liking bottle limits and raffles for BCBS this year with the very limited MN supply. As someone that has a daytime job I get depressed thinking all of the BCBS could be sold out before I get off from work today. Spreading the BCBS among many is fine with me.

9. its going to be a commodity by then more expensive then crude oil :)

10. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Being in Rochester, my mother who lives in the cities is constantly picking me up beer I don't get here. There is no shame in that IMO.

Edit: This is how last year I got Abyss, Nightstalker, and BCBCS as stocking stuffers on Christmas morning.

SipIt likes this.
  11. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Savant (445) Minnesota Jul 23, 2013

I have talked to numerous stores today, and have gotten the same "Sometime this week, not sure yet" for the ones that didnt sell out.

I also have heard that the stores that DID get it already, are expecting the variant bombers either next week or the week after.

Spinaltapped likes this.
  12. Mealhouse

Mealhouse Savant (365) Minnesota Feb 19, 2012

Only stopped at one store and was told later this week. Likely breaking up into singles.

13. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (415) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

Barrel of Oil = $92.78 (42 gallons)
    Barrel of BCBS = $2,240 (112 4 packs)

14. plumcrazyfx

plumcrazyfx Savant (450) Minnesota Aug 26, 2010

"I'm more interested in Sweet Repute! Is this coming along at the same times as BCS or is it through a different distributor?"

Picked up a Sweet Repute today in my fruitless search for BCBS. 1 Case per store again in the South Metro. Giving us the BCBS shaft really makes me want to got out of my way to buy the standard GI lineup.

15. Northgate in Andover got 1 case (24) in. 2 bottle limit. $4.99 She said they had 24 people on their list. Last year at Princeton's I picked up 2 4-packs, this year their limit is 2 bottles. Ugh...

16. CW BBBW ,BBS, and Peruvian Morning will be out soon will not chase this one( GI) and CW will be half the price

17. I think everyone should get a hold of Goose island and tell them how much we love them (or how little) at some point. I just cannot believe that they though sending a thimble full to each state would be enough.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  18. plumcrazyfx

plumcrazyfx Savant (450) Minnesota Aug 26, 2010

Do you think this is punishment for refusing to buy the stacks of 25th Anny Ale even tho it was marked down to $4.99 a six-pack?

19. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Savant (405) Minnesota Jun 24, 2013

South Lyndale announced 5:30 Release of BCBS and BBBW , Very Little ...via twatter

20. dzyneguru

dzyneguru Savant (360) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

South Lyndale released 2 cases of BCBS and 1 case of BCBW at 5:30, it was gone by 5:40. 2 bottle limit on the regular, 1 bottle of the barley.

21. it sold out in 10 minutes ?

22. Pretty much.

23. dzyneguru

dzyneguru Savant (360) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

There were at least 25 people waiting when it hit the floor.

24. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (415) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

Be thankful you don't live in Utah, Georgia or Ohio. They don't even get a thimble.

25. I knew how bad it was going to be. I went to Chicago and got everything I need but it is still complete bullshit for Goose island to basically tell people I know you have been able to buy enough of our beer in the past but this year you can't

26. doner24

doner24 Aficionado (175) Minnesota Apr 16, 2013

Gave my girl shit when she said she was staying home sick from work today. Quickly apologized after seeing Princeton's Facebook post and begged her to go grab me 2 bottles after waking her up from a nap :)

27. maximum12

OK, if anyone wants to give up a store that has Sweet Repute...please? Shoot me a message, especially if it's in the south metro. Even the big guys down here haven't heard of it or have no idea when/if it's coming. Thanks.

28. Hopefully she made it in time as it didn't last very long.

29. MattyG85

MattyG85 Champion (800) Minnesota Aug 31, 2010

Checked a few stores and only came away with one bottle of regular at the Ale Jail. They were already out of the barleywine version. It appears that Abyss and Founders Sweet Repute haven't hit yet.

30. doner24

doner24 Aficionado (175) Minnesota Apr 16, 2013

She did as we only live a few blocks away. Plus she cooked me a killer meal to go along with it this evening!

31. I picked up two bottles of the coffee and one of the barleywine in Rochester tonight. Passed up a second barleywine as I don't appreciate that style enough to buy 2. Picked up 8 regulars.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  32. josephwa

josephwa Advocate (610) Minnesota Jun 4, 2012

Not even. I was there at 5:38 and it sold out right before me.

33. Atom13

Atom13 Aficionado (100) Minnesota Jun 29, 2010

They set it down on the floor, and when the dust settled it was gone.

josephwa and dzyneguru like this.
  34. Ish1

Ish1 Savant (305) Minnesota Feb 25, 2010

^ this. Especially if PM isn't infected this year!

BarrelAgedBarry and mnbearsfan like this.
  35. I wont buy PM till I know it is not infected. I still have 5 bottles from last year that I am sure are bad

36. I was told that the northern burbs won’t be getting any brew other than regular bourbon county stout. The distributor said that the coffee and barley wine they received will be sold to bars and restaurants only. The crappy part of living in the northern suburbs I guess. :(

37. AnalogErik

What?! I had 4 four packs of PM last year, and not a single infection issue in mine :/

BottleCaps80 likes this.
  38. Lucky

39. I bought 12 bottles at Blue Max's Cellar Stash release. The only one not infected was the bottle I drank the day I bought them.

40. AnalogErik

That sucks :/