Goose Island Bourbon County variants

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by mmulebarn, Nov 23, 2013.

1. BierVogel

BierVogel Savant (280) Minnesota Oct 29, 2012

Anyone hearing anything about releases today? Seems quiet so far, and I was planning on taking an hour over lunch to drive around.

2. MNMike

MNMike Savant (270) Minnesota Dec 3, 2013

Falls Liquors releases at 3pm - Regular, Coffee, & Barleywine

3. I think I'm going to give up my search and put my funds into some Big Bad Baptist...

Ish1 and skipanoka2 like this.
  4. SourNotes

SourNotes Savant (260) Minnesota Nov 10, 2010

Hello everyone. Enjoying the disappointment? I thought I would pop on BA again (first time in a long time) as a loyal fan of Goose Island since about 2001 when I bought Hex Nut Brown and Oatmeal stout in 12 packs weekly and a shelf clearer of BCBS '08 and '09 when no one seemed to care what it was. I figured I would just see if there was any way in hell I could get a bottle of some of this years stuff as its definitely one of those beers that wowed me then and has continued to wow me to this day. It didn't take me long to find out that GI continues to send all there limited releases to the new states within their distribution instead of rewarding long time customers. Founders as well. my disappointment in the distribution tactics within the craft beer industry remains. I do have to say my pocket book has been much more full since I stopped chasing all this shit and it goes to show you how much I love BCBS as it is the only thing in about 9 months to get me to come log in and see if I could find any in MN. I still buy a decent amount of matilda and Sophie, I will never forget the first 4 pack of matilda I bought in '07, I didn't get them very cold and they kept foaming over when I opened them, I couldn't figure it out because I didn't shake them... had no idea what Brettanamyces was.... but I loved every drop. it was during Fantasy Football draft party. sorry for reminiscing and being slightly esoteric. I hope everyone enjoys the holidays but its time to log out and go back to the shadows. Later everyone
    -Andrew

Revenant and maximum12 like this.
  5. DBijnagte

DBijnagte Savant (250) Minnesota Dec 7, 2012

Lake and grand tweeted 20 min ago they have the 3 12ozers. I'm stuck at work

6. Chicago Lake liquor has it in the back. Only selling packages with 2 bottles...with 1 '12 and 1 '13. They have regular and coffee.

7. Spinaltapped

Spinaltapped Aficionado (225) Iowa Oct 24, 2013

I had my bomber of Backyard Rye last night and it was transcendent. Wow. Drink it as fresh as possible folks, the berries come through fantastically and offer a very unusual but tasty alternative to the typical dark fruits found in stouts.

Bond111 likes this.
  8. MNBeer1017

MNBeer1017 Advocate (540) Minnesota Mar 27, 2013

Lake and grand down to 2 singles of bw

9. Very odd that I got some in Rochester last night and everyone else isn't getting theirs until tomorrow.

10. Blue Max tweeted they have it 1 bottle each limit

11. Oh, I should have added that the pre-packages at Chicago Lake are going for $19.99.

12. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

So as far as I can tell, MN is getting shut out on Backyard Rye in stores. Real bummed on that front.

13. elliott1184

elliott1184 Savant (390) Minnesota Mar 31, 2011

That price is a joke for two 12 oz. bottles.

Revenant and gatornation like this.
  14. Totally agree...and it hurt paying for it. But I wanted it...and wasn't going to go chasing. (I happen to ask if they had any when I was there picking up Abyss)

15. Picked up a 4-pack of Coffee $19.99 thanks to a heads up by Bond111. I now believe in beer karma. I dropped off a single of Buffalo Sweat Vanilla Bean for him at his house, 30 minutes later he tells me where I could find said 4-pack. (Rochester....sometimes we get lucky down here....sometimes)

Bond111 likes this.
  16. Chicago Lake is out of both BCBS and Abyss. 5 cases of Abyss in 2 hours.

17. dzyneguru

dzyneguru Savant (360) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

Grabbed the last single bottle of BW there... thanks for the heads up. Scored some Abyss by chance when I stopped into Zipps - no idea how much they got, but it was already looking pretty low when I grabbed mine. 2-bottle limit.

18. MNMike

MNMike Savant (270) Minnesota Dec 3, 2013

You must have been the guy that beat me there by a few minutes then...

19. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Savant (470) Minnesota Jul 23, 2013

MGM off of lake/hwy 7 (wherever that is) by lake calhoun, near the whole foods has single bottles of the regular available.

Said they will get coffee tomorrow!

mnphish likes this.
  20. Cellars in Eagan has Coffee and Regular but limit 1 total. Can't get both. Also had Gillian and I think it was Lolita and Blackout Stout limit 1

21. BierVogel

BierVogel Savant (280) Minnesota Oct 29, 2012

Well, i missed out on the motherload by minutes. Walked into a tiny, po-dunk store near my office and was told that they got a case...and then sold that ENTIRE case to some lucky guy a few minutes earlier. They didn't even know what they had.

I'm getting completely skunked and I've spent hours driving around. Time to enjoy the leftover 12s I still have and call off the chase.

mnphish likes this.
  22. shawnp

shawnp Savant (480) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

I got a BR version, 4 pk of BW and a 4 pk of coffee.

23. mnphish

mnphish Savant (375) Minnesota Aug 19, 2012

where? and when?

24. shawnp

Today. Winona.

mnphish likes this.
  25. mnphish

mnphish Savant (375) Minnesota Aug 19, 2012

Good work. Finding it in Minneapolis is a disaster this year.

26. shawnp

In fact, I found 2 bottles. Securing the second is proving to be a challenge though...

27. MCImes

MCImes Savant (360) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

If someone wants to throw me a bone I'd love a coffee or 2...or anything...Looks like Ill be working during the 2 seconds that the stores have this for sale...

a long shot, I know...But BA has come through for me before =)

Also, just sayin, this release is fucking ridiculous. this release/allocation=Fail.

28. That's the first I've heard of the BR version being available in MN. Anyone else seen it? Is it coming later statewide or is this just an anomaly?

29. dzyneguru

A 1-bottle limit on a 12 oz release is a crock of shit. Just sayin'.

BarrelAgedBarry and MCImes like this.
  30. I 100% agree

31. herman77

herman77 Advocate (525) Minnesota Jan 24, 2010

Would anyone be willing to trade a single BCBBW for a 2012 regular BCBS. I was really looking forward to trying the barleywine, but I have been shut out so far on any Bourbon County this year. I'll throw anyone an extra something or other as well for being awesome :) Local in person Minneapolis/St. Paul.

32. McRyan

McRyan Savant (255) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

Did they have much left?

33. dzyneguru

There was quite a bit as of 2 pm. Probably 18 BCBS and about 12-15 Coffee.

McRyan likes this.
  34. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

Pretty sure it is coming later. I think some places are getting their coffee later too (stores that only had regular and barleywine so far).

35. AnalogErik

36. Douggo

Douggo Savant (295) Minnesota Oct 24, 2009

I should be able to help.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  37. NeedBeerHere

NeedBeerHere Initiate (0) Minnesota Nov 21, 2013

Hit about 6 stores. Came out with one BCBS after he told me they didn't get it, he decided to hit the back and grabbed me one. WhooHooo!!!

38. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Savant (430) Minnesota Jun 24, 2013

Henn lake has bcbs and bcbcs. Seems like a limit of 1 each

39. AnalogErik

This has been the general response ive been getting:

"No Beer for you! NEXT!"

[​IMG]

Alpar, Hopsiam14, dzyneguru and 3 others like this.
  40. aliving1

aliving1 Savant (275) Minnesota Aug 3, 2011

Shut out of Coffee and Barleywine in Rochester. One store said they were expecting theirs tomorrow. I did get a bottle of Sweet Repute and 2 4pks of regular BCBS.

Hopsiam14 likes this.