1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Goose Island Bourbon County variants

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by mmulebarn, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Mnmaverick

Mnmaverick Member

I'm hearing no Backyard Rye from everywhere I've called in the west metro. Anyone else hearing differently?
  2. psychotia

psychotia Member

My casual effort was four stores over one week, so to walk away from that with two bottles of the reg BCBS... Eh I'll take it.
  3. lonewolfcry

lonewolfcry Member

That's just nutz, considering I got a bottle of Cherry Rye last year for $23 - at a metro restaurant.
  4. DrZeus10

DrZeus10 Member

I'd like to try the coffee, any chance you'd share where you found them?
  5. McRyan

McRyan Member

Did you call Haskell's?
  6. Mnmaverick

Mnmaverick Member

No, didn't try Haskell's (Minnetonka) this week, but last week they said they weren't getting any BCBS or variants.

I did just see Chicone's in Hudson posted that they have BCBS, BCBCS and Backyard Rye this morning for anyone over that way.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  7. MNPikey

MNPikey Member

Chicones is sold out. They received 3 bottles of Backyard Rye, lol.
  8. jera1350

jera1350 Member

This is exactly what would happen here if the distributors would send variants to stores rather than restaurants. We would have ourselves plenty of bitching then too.
  9. sean_mpls

sean_mpls Member

So, can we go back to blaming Goose Island? :)
  10. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Member

Yep, safe bet. I think we really need to aim the fervor at AB Inbev, because, why not.
  11. sean_mpls

sean_mpls Member

Personally, I blame Schell's for getting me into this whole craft thing. Jerks.
    RKPStogie and stinsonwbs like this.
  12. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Member

lets not for get summit. DAMN YOU SUMMIT EPA! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO GOOD!
    RKPStogie and josephwa like this.
  13. MNPikey

MNPikey Member

I blame Obama. And Bush. And Donald Trump. Miley Cyrus too.
    MattyG85 and AnalogErik like this.
  14. Douggo

Douggo Member

Are we letting Pete's Wicked Ale off the hook?
  15. NeedBeerHere

NeedBeerHere Member

Is that stuff still actually on the market. I was washing my glasses the other day an wondering cause I have a few pint glasses that I got free at a bar. Just interested as I don't think I have saw that beer for a 1000 years. not that I wanted to. :)
  16. plumcrazyfx

plumcrazyfx Member

I know it won't make a difference, but I used the "contact us" button on the GI website and let them know exactly how much I spent on their product last year and how little I will from now on and exactly why.
  17. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Member

Ive heard backyard has shown up and disappeared within minutes.

I follow beer info on this and a couple other threads.... How are people getting to it so quick?! lol.
  18. Zymocenosilicaphobic

Zymocenosilicaphobic Member

Sorry, just saw this. Northgate Liquor in Andover. I'm sure it's gone now, but they had a case of each coffee and barleywine. 2 bottle limit on each. Also got their last bottle of Gillian
  19. DrZeus10

DrZeus10 Member

No worries, no guarantee I would have made it in time anyway. Thanks for the info though.
  20. shadetree67

shadetree67 Member

Has anyone in the MSP area found backyard rye?
  21. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Member

Already heard "come and gone" from downtown Lunds and a couple other places. An earlier poster said their shop got 3 bottles. Surdyks gave me the "not this week for sure, but we dont know if we are getting any at all at this point"
  22. SipIt

SipIt Member

Went to a bottle shop in NE yesterday that was releasing bcbs, bcbbw, and bcbcs. I was told their distributor has not received any of the backyard rye yet. With that being said, it's obviously even more limited.

By the way, I showed up at 3:40 for a 4:00 release and didn't get any Bourbon County at all. I did get another bottle of Abyss though. F it, if leaving work 2 hours early isn't good enough I give up.
    McRyan likes this.
  23. Bildo

Bildo Member

I share a bottle also and they also usually have bcbs on tap. also had a nice pour of hopslam cleanse the palate.
  24. SipIt

SipIt Member

Say what? Who normally has bcbs on tap?
    dzyneguru likes this.
  25. hamham

hamham Member

i'm glad i didn't even bother trying there. as soon as stores put this stuff on facebook/twitter it's not worth it. they must want a bunch of bearded guys milling around their small store for a half hour.
  26. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Member

Surdyks still had 3-4 bottle of abyss on the shelf. Also had some hammer of the holy from clown shoes.

Hopefully they some backyard.
  27. wookiemofo

wookiemofo Member

I walked into Pizza Luce downtown about 2 months ago and they had BCBS on tap, was clearly a keg from last year, and it was delicious.
  28. BeerForMyHorses

BeerForMyHorses Member

I'm new to craft beer scene and this site. What does "PM him" mean? I'd take the abyss and extra 2 bottles of bcbs for a darkness offer from mmulebarn as well but not sure how we go about that.
  29. SipIt

SipIt Member

And to think my MIL is their director of HR or something like that...you think I'd hear so such a thing, Nooo....:)
  30. lonewolfcry

lonewolfcry Member

BrettHead, BeerForMyHorses and Ish1 like this.
  31. AndrewPalmer

AndrewPalmer Member

Wayzata wine and spirits has 10 or so bottles of Abyss and 2 4pks of coffee left @ 730ish when I walked out with a 4 pk
    McRyan and dzyneguru like this.
  32. cmannes

cmannes Member

PM = Private Message
    AndrewPalmer likes this.
  33. NeedBeerHere

NeedBeerHere Member

Ironically I just went on the Chicago craigslist and found someone with "decent" prices for the things he was selling. I asked if I bought all the stuff he was selling, would he be willing to ship? I ended up getting a bottle of '11 Bramble Rye, the Backyard Bramble, Proprietors, a 4-pack of BCBS, and he threw in an extra BCBS. I REALLY had written off the bottles as I didn't think about the temps lately. Ironically everything arrived yesterday with no problems of leaking or breakage. I don't think I could have found a worse time frame to ship. Luckily BCBS anything has a rather high ABV. I'm back on the site again but have to wait the 30 days to trade.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    BarrelAgedBarry and SipIt like this.
  34. SipIt

SipIt Member

I am quite jealous of that Proprietors....
  35. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Member

Haskells downtown had some Backyard today. They opened at 9 am. It was sold out at 9:10 am. I was there at 9:15

Grrrrrr..
  36. MRC711

MRC711 Member

Bad info. No backyard. Just the others.
    hamham likes this.
  37. AnalogErik

AnalogErik Member

Ah, I called last night on my way to class, and asked if they would have any backyard. The guy said "Tomorrow at 9" maybe he just heard it as "goose island bourbon county backyard rye"
  38. chrisp450

chrisp450 Member

Unless the buyer is really up on the stuff (or its a place like the firkins, blue max, etc)... none of the standard clerks are going to know the difference. Last year a store told me they only had bourbon County in a goose island sampler pack. I knew better...
    dzyneguru likes this.
  39. JakeT469

JakeT469 Member

Why didn't you just go to the Clybourn pub? They tapped both Cherry Rye and Coffee in the afternoon/evening.
  40. mnphish

mnphish Member

wish I saw this post sooner I could have grabbed the coffee, literally 5 minutes from my house.