1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Coffee and Cherry

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Mista, Nov 7, 2012.

1. So did we find out exactly(factually) how many cases of Cherry Rye were produced, or at least shipped to wholesalers/retailers?

2. Nope, we speculate and then argue

3. They can't divide up a case, it's illegal

4. Meaning that they had to get a whole case, distributors can't divide up a case

5. Apparently here on Long Island, NY, we only got 20 cases, no more than 1 per store. No store will sell more than 1 bottle. Damn them!

6. zach60614

zach60614 Savant (265) Illinois May 1, 2012

This varies by state. Many states allow split case sales.

7. RichD

RichD Advocate (640) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

Does anyone know if any store in Rhode Island has any BCBCS? I grabbed one about 3 weeks ago and haven't seen any since...

8. As far as I know, New York and NJ do not, tis BLASPHEMY I tell you!!

9. Anyone know if or where I can get this in KY

10. I picked up two bottles of cherry in Albany a couple of weeks ago, havent seen it in Jersey yet...

11. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (810) New York Dec 13, 2009

i heard that they weren't sending any to KY since KY had such a rough time moving all them bottles of Rare ;)

h2opunk182, evilc and Beerontwowheels like this.
  12. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 18, 2012

traded a 4 pack of new glarus enigma for a cherry last week to help out a friend who loves enigma. I really wasnt a fan of the cherry but i am interested in how it ages

13. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

The Binny's on Grand still has a couple bottles of BCBCS as of today.

14. I wanted the cherry, real bad. Called a few places near me, they weren't getting any, so I said "such is life."

And then I wept in private

dsal89 and krl2112 like this.
  15. It's come and gone in Jersey already

16. legend8706

legend8706 Savant (310) Virginia Oct 31, 2012

Does anyone have a bottle of either or both they would be willing to trade?!? BM me if so and we'll talk!

17. a day or so after I posted that I couldnt find it in Jersey I was able to pick up some coffee and cherry rye. Im gonna hang on to one of each to cellar and drink one of each I think.

18. jglowe77

jglowe77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2011

I just got a box with one of each in the mail yesterday. :cool:

19. SBoyar1

SBoyar1 Aficionado (200) Texas Nov 14, 2012

I have a friend who lives in Louisville, Kentucky who has seen some regular and Coffee BCBS, but hasnt seen the cherry rye version. I am trying to get him to send me some, so if you know any peeople in that area tell them to look for it...