1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Coffee and Cherry

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Mista, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Manchester Wine & Liquors has a few cases as of the other day and I also bought it there 2 weeks ago.

2. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

[​IMG]

Had 4 of 'em myself, coffee hasnt come yet.

Whens somebody gonna throw up a review on the Cherry?

funhog and Grfilwett like this.
  3. Ugh...

Do. Want.

4. Someone could be in some serious legal trouble here.....not supposed to be released until Friday. This is way early....

5. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

^Thats what I thought, 3 stores in my small little town each got a case and they all sold out today.

6. fritts211

fritts211 Savant (285) Tennessee Feb 19, 2011

I highly doubt legal troubles would be had. The store has the beer, they can sell it if they want. Goose Island can request that they sell it when they wish them to, and possibly refuse to sell to distributors that give said store the beer as a matter of principle, but as far as I am aware, there is no legal action that can be taken when a store owns a beer and decides to sell it for whatever price they want at whatever time they want.

Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  7. Hindsight

Hindsight Savant (255) Ohio Oct 8, 2011

Legal action? Have you overreacted....ever??

Lare453, mattizmyname and fritts211 like this.
  8. Distributors could push it to these stores that did not abide.... They do it as a courtesy to the stores to get the product to their customers sooner....that does not mean it is right to release it ahead of time...is it? Morals boys....morals... simmer down and think. The best beer managers know it is in their best interest to listen to these distributors....

9. You realize the distributor.....in this case...is who? and who owns goose?

beerborn likes this.
  10. Hindsight

Hindsight Savant (255) Ohio Oct 8, 2011

OK, morals....maybe. Poor "morals" does not equal illegal...and quite frankly, I am perfectly calm.

11. fritts211

True. I meant in general, but yes AB owns Goose now and distributes their product. But if they gave the beer to the store, the store can sell it (even if it is not the wisest decision).

Just saying I didn't think legal action was possible (I could be wrong, happy to be corrected).

12. I keep hearing limited bottle counts on Cherry Rye BCBS....

Does anyone have an actual bottle count on Cherry Rye BCBS?

What about a bottle count on Coffee BCBS?

ellswrth likes this.
  13. fritts211

Haven't heard about actual bottle counts, but I have heard most stores will get less than one case. I managed to pick one up today in Chicago at Evolution at North Milwaukee, but that was the last that store had. I have heard anywhere from 5 to 8X the amount of Coffee will be produced (over Cherry), and you may still be able to get on the list at Binny's Grand. Just what I've heard through the grapevine (for what it's worth).

14. Thanks! Thats helpful info!

15. fritts211

Cheers, happy hunting.

16. stickboy1125

stickboy1125 Savant (250) Virginia Jan 28, 2012

What should I expect to pay for a bottle of the BCBS variants? If it helps, the shop I would be buying from is selling BCBS for $23/4-pack.

17. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Prolly 22 to 24 a bottle, and that is just a guess since Binnys is charging $20.

18. JimGlonke

JimGlonke Savant (430) Illinois Apr 27, 2012

Acquired earlier tonight: $20.99 for Coffee and $22.99 for Cherry.

JerryM1984 likes this.
  19. you mind sharing where at?

20. JimGlonke

JimGlonke Savant (430) Illinois Apr 27, 2012

Evolution (small chain) here in Chicagoland.

[​IMG]

21. Damn Chicago is expensive, got some today and they were 13 bucks a bottle

22. Beautiful sight. Nice score. Grabbed some bolt.cutter and a pappy 20 this week. Wish I could land some coffee and cherry rye!

23. surapaneni

surapaneni Aspirant (30) Nov 20, 2012

Any body in the Philadelphia area has this?

24. I'd do 2 cherries and 1 coffee for a black tuesday and white chocolate.

25. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 18, 2012

went to PA for thanksgiving and missed it. my local store sold them tuesday. i wasnt expecting them until this week. but i did pick up a case of mad elf

26. OPSippin

OPSippin Aficionado (145) Illinois Sep 18, 2012

Grabbed 3 Cherry Rye and 2 Coffee Friday morning from someone who I don't think knew what he had. Any thoughts on the likelihood of trading some for a CBS?

27. Yes. Yes there is. BM on its way.

You want some CBS + Black Tuesday. I want your beers.

28. How much does Pappy 20 sell for? It's not available in the California market.

29. 150$ 'round these parts.

30. Thanks.

31. MSRP (I think)for the various bottles:
    10yr 107 - $39.99
    12yr - $54.99
    13yr Rye - $69.99
    15yr - $79.99
    20yr - $129.99
    23yr - $249.99

mlefevre and CheapBeerBuzz like this.
  32. Preluderl

Preluderl Savant (360) Pennsylvania Sep 27, 2012

I'd so some horrible, unforgivable things for a Cherry Rye. Don't think I have anything juicy enough to trade to make it happen though.

MagillaGriller likes this.
  33. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Savant (380) New York Nov 16, 2007

Just scored 6 bottles of Coffee from my local joint - left one on the shelf and plenty more in the back, so I was told .....

34. beerborn

beerborn Savant (345) Georgia Jan 22, 2012

^^^ Lucky man right there

My bottle shop guy said he had a case coming in weekend of Thanksgiving. A week later he still has not received it. Not sure but either he got the one over or I did.

35. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Savant (380) New York Nov 16, 2007

by "scored" i meant "paid around $100"

YogiBeer and beerborn like this.
  36. Jagen

Jagen Aficionado (135) Illinois Oct 1, 2012

binny's niles sold out (cherry rye) in 15 minutes...thought getting off of work at 3 meant I would get there early enough. I am surprised that enough people had no work on athursday and were able to get there at 11AM exactly when the truck arrived

BostonHops likes this.
  37. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Savant (300) Illinois Dec 2, 2010

Another lucky man. I have only seen BCBCS go for around $20 or more this year. I have heard of lower prices but getting 6 at less than $20 is a nice find!

38. Joah52

Joah52 Aficionado (115) Missouri Apr 30, 2012

Anyone seen Cherry or Coffee in eastern PA? I got a few bottles of BCBS in Philly but it was pricey!

39. Preluderl

Preluderl Savant (360) Pennsylvania Sep 27, 2012

Neither Coffee nor Cherry Rye are in PA at all yet according to a Pittsburgh shop owner I spoke to today. He said IF they bring it to Pennsylvania, he's confident he'll be able to get some but it'll be extremely limited.

40. Joah52

Joah52 Aficionado (115) Missouri Apr 30, 2012

I still haven't seen BCBS outside of Philly so I'm not holding out hope it'll make it out of that area....Boo!