1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Coffee and Cherry

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Mista, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Thats not true. I got some Coffee in Philly area yesterday. No Cherry yet though.
  2. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (375) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

Anyone seen any in the Grand Rapids area yet? Or know when it will be here approx.?
  3. MDunk

MDunk Aficionado (160) Illinois Sep 4, 2009

Anyone know if Cherry reached Peoria, IL?
  4. Spicoli9

Spicoli9 Disciple (65) Pennsylvania Dec 10, 2010

Where in philly did you see it? What was the price? I tried food and friends this morning and they had not received it yet.
  5. Preluderl

Preluderl Savant (340) Pennsylvania Sep 27, 2012

Doesn't really surprise me. I think if they don't have it in their market they presume it's nowhere in the state yet. Really hoping for some good news tomorrow about them coming to Pittsburgh.
  6. The Craft Beer Outlet in Philly said they didn't and werent going to get any in.
  7. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (460) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Any KY sightings yet? Ive put out my feelers and nobody really knows anything yet.
    tronto likes this.
  8. SourAddict

SourAddict Savant (300) Wisconsin Jun 18, 2012

anyone seen coffee or cherry in WI yet?
  9. I just talked to the manager at a big bottle shop in kalamazoo and he said the distributor told him that the state of Michigan is only getting 7 cases of each total. Not sure if it's true or not but, good luck..
    Theeabyss likes this.
  10. Omensetter

Omensetter Savant (270) Minnesota Nov 24, 2012

It hit Bloomington-Normal today, so there's a good chance.
  11. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (385) New York Jan 13, 2010

If anyone in the NYC area is still looking for BCCS, there's a 24 hour craft beer store in my neighborhood of Bay Ridge, Brooklyn that has about 4 bottles left at $14.99/bottle. Just snagged 2. Message me for info.
  12. RunningIPA

RunningIPA Zealot (95) Illinois Dec 5, 2010

Wow, pricey.
  13. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

No, that's quite cheap if he's talking about Bourbon County Coffee.
  14. Thirstygoat

Thirstygoat Savant (260) Illinois Nov 22, 2012

It hit yesterday. I was on the list for UFS and Friar Tuck. Hy-Vee had coffee, 1 bottle limit about noon.
  15. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (375) New York Aug 1, 2012

Anybody know any news on long island?
  16. I got a bottle of Coffee last Thursday at Woodman's Kenosha. I heard rumors that they only got two bottles of Cherry.
  17. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (505) Missouri May 11, 2012

Coffee hit MO this past week and I was able to snag a few. No word on the arrival of Cherry though, supposedly its gonna be pretty limited...
  18. MUMike

MUMike Aficionado (145) Missouri Feb 3, 2012

Unfortunately not in Springfield. Our area didn't get an allocation. Dammit!
  19. DevilsCups

DevilsCups Savant (330) New York Mar 3, 2010

I know it's a much different story, but one store here in NY alone got 4-6 cases of BCBCS.
  20. Larrygto

Larrygto Aficionado (230) Arizona May 28, 2012

They only got one bottle of cherry and I got it!!
  21. ROBSTARR

ROBSTARR Savant (350) Michigan Aug 31, 2009

I've been checking around and everyone says its going to be a week or two yet. But today at Marthas and they said they weren't getting the BCBS varients now which I think they were miss imformed because I can't imagine MI not getting it.
  22. kreg02

kreg02 Aficionado (175) Illinois Nov 19, 2012

They were def behind on getting it out to the Chicagoland area so imagine it would translate to outside states as well
  23. Hicksville Beer has a case, i just bought one earlier
  24. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (375) New York Aug 1, 2012

We're stocked up in patchogue thanks man
  25. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

What exactly is the relationship between stores and distributors? I've been told from stores that I'm on first name basis with that "the distributor said the detroit metro area is only getting 1-2 cases total" to "We should be getting at least a case of coffee"

....I'm guessing distributors choose to lie to accounts that won't be getting?
    szmnnl99 likes this.
  26. TMoney2591

TMoney2591 Champion (895) Illinois Apr 21, 2009

They might lie on occasion, but it's more common just to have a distro rep who's either lazy or dumb (or both) and just says whatever to their accounts to shut 'em up. Sad really...
  27. Yeah we got a bunch of the BCBS too but I was refering to the OP's thread topic, BCBS Cherry Rye and Coffee
  28. DevilsCups

DevilsCups Savant (330) New York Mar 3, 2010

So was I?
  29. I talked to two beer managers at different stores who swore up and down that they were allocated a case each of Cherry Rye. When the trucks showed up, no Cherry Rye. Maybe Goose wound up making fewer cases available to the Chicago-area distributor or maybe the allocations were made before they packaged the beer and the yield was lower than expected. Or maybe a particular sales rep is doing a piss-poor job.
  30. dmsulli

dmsulli Savant (270) Illinois Jan 30, 2012

I got my 2 bottles from Peoria.
  31. farnold

farnold Aficionado (210) New York Dec 4, 2012

Top Hops in NYC had some coffee last night. Haven't heard a thing about cherry yet though.
  32. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

150 total cases of Cherry made. 50 to all other states outside of IL. IL getting 50-75 cases of Cherry.
  33. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (445) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

[citation needed]

numbers are semi believeable though.
  34. misterid

misterid Savant (270) Wisconsin Apr 3, 2009

the math
    Callmecoon likes this.
  35. 70% of the time, it works every time
    DBCOACHEMUP and bozodogbreath like this.
  36. Oh, Archer.
  37. Columbus Circle WF had a bunch of Coffee bottles available yesterday for $13.99 (Also a bunch of Bolt Cutter...)
  38. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (170) Maine Feb 18, 2010

Source?
    BreakingBad and BaconCheeseburg like this.
  39. BeerMeFitz

BeerMeFitz Savant (320) Illinois Oct 24, 2011

Fred , I will bring the Cherry, Coffee and 09 Bomber!
  40. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

Anyone acquire an extra Cherry to trade? BM me.