1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Goose Island Coffee and Cherry

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Mista, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Bay01

Bay01 Member

Contrasting your finding a King Henry with your avatar is funny.
    JonathanSuarez and bozodogbreath like this.
  2. Bad_Trader

Bad_Trader Member

I may go bareback on a steed now and again, but I'm no cowboy.

Yep, case of Cherry. You're a pillar to the BA Community.

"Whales-Bro" was facetious. Actually, I take that back, it was sarcastic, as facetious wit is earned, and you have yet to do that.

Either way, you have been trying to trade multiples of each several times unsuccessfully for some time now, so your continued failure to reach a deal, coupled with your cheery disposition will get you far I'm sure.

Also, if you "Hate shipping" I don't see what someone in MA's ability to order Cantillon from Belgium has to do with anything.

By all means, order all the loons in pajottenland yourself then. Piece of cake right? Click that mouse.
    tbadiuk, tronto, ASUBeer and 4 others like this.
  3. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Member

Confirmed you wild stallion, case case of Cheery.... or maybe 5 or 6? Leave you guessing on that.

Seems like you're keeping track of me on here, don't bother. Aquiring beer, and then trading said beer goes down all the time. Yeah I traded all types of multiples of a whole lotta beer, not just cherry or bcbs in the last week.....prolly keep doing too.

You're kinda dense too, huh? Let me go over the Cantillon/BCBS thing again. Maybe somebody between here and Mass, where I travel semi-frequently, has a bunch of Cantillon for whatever reason but can't locate or doesn't want to purchase any BCBS for whatever reason....but they do want some BCBS and I want some Cantillon....that's when something called a trade happens, get it?
  4. Shagtastic

Shagtastic Member

For someone trying hard to get a trade done your're sure coming off as pretty arrogant. Could this be a reason you dont have your loons yet? I know for a fact that at this point you could offer me a case for one loon and I probably wouldn't bite just on the way you've acted superior to everyone else.
  5. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Member

I'm not trying to get any trade done. They happen or they don't. Plenty do.
  6. SnowFlowMfg

SnowFlowMfg Member

I swear i'm having the hardest time trading for some bcbs. How's the cherry rye stuff tasting compared to the original?
    Theeabyss likes this.
  7. Bad_Trader

Bad_Trader Member

I am pretty dense, thanks for noticing.

Yeah, your "In person only" is actually "In person anywhere between Portland and Mass"

I'm sure everyone else (who aren't as dense as I ) would clearly deduce that.

You win sir. I can't argue with someone I feel this sorry for.
  8. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Member

I just wanna offer congrats on your 29th day on the site. We should trade sometime, really.
  9. stouts4me

stouts4me Member

That is an amazingstumbleupongold find. Ejoy that shit - so damn good!
  10. Bad_Trader

Bad_Trader Member

If only you didn't "Hate Shipping"
  11. MadTown22

MadTown22 Member

Rare>Coffee>Cherry

Call me crazy, wasn't a fan of the Cherry Rye.
  12. brkstoutfiend

brkstoutfiend Member

Oops missed the extra C. That's crazy!!
  13. DevilsCups

DevilsCups Member

It's all good, acronyms rule this site nowadays haha. Yeah, we got a good amount of it. Doubt the same will be true for Cherry Rye.
  14. evilc

evilc Member

Where is Bramble in that???

I am at ( without tasting Cherry Rye ) Rare > Bramble >= Vanilla > Coffee > Straight.
    ASUBeer likes this.
  15. Franch

Franch Member

do they put these on the shelf or do you have to ask? their beer section is so small and there's never employees anywhere...
  16. POTABLE83

POTABLE83 Member

Have to ask - they always keep their "limit" beers stored away in the back room
  17. Franch

Franch Member

who do you ask in columbus circle? just a random employee?
  18. Bonis

Bonis Member

Haven't tried it, but the cherry rye stout doesn't sound good. Cherry in a stout is never good. Is this a sour beer?

Can't wait for the next BCBS release, Wheat Blood Sausase Orange Chestnut... mmmmm.
  19. pschul4

pschul4 Member

Have you had this year's coffee? Its very polarizing but I LOVE it compared to last years coffee
    ehammond1 likes this.
  20. POTABLE83

POTABLE83 Member

CC is the busiest WF's i've been to, so your best option will be to just ask anyone. and if you can't find anyone, then go to someone behind the counter. They should at least be able to locate someone for you.
  21. evilc

evilc Member

No - just 11'. One on the way soon though!
    pschul4 likes this.
  22. bradner

bradner Member

Did you think that maybe he received two and is holding one for next year?
    cnbrown313 and OPSippin like this.
  23. soundscience

soundscience Member

When I went it was on the shelf to the right of the fridge. However, whenever I can't find anything, I usually ask one of the guys working there or at the On Tap section (usually they'll keep bombers and single bottles of more limited releases in the fridge over there) and they're generally nice enough to look for some in the back if it's not on display.
  24. mjpolzin

mjpolzin Member

Coffee and Cherry Rye finally hit the Madison, WI area today. Picked up a bottle of the coffee but the cherry rye just didn't sound appealing to me so I passed on that.
  25. repivk

repivk Member

For the life of me I have been unable to get a cherry rye. Most stores in my area got one bottle...
    Theeabyss likes this.
  26. Lukaduke

Lukaduke Member

Cases of BCBS up and down the state... I dont think so try 15 total cases that sold out in a week from distributor and anywhere from a day to a week sold out in all but one store in the greater portland area. I would not really say there is that much here... and if you are the person who walked in said bottle shop and bought a case of Cherry Rye BCS from the owner who had no idea what they were selling you... it kind of sucks that not even the beer buyer there or any of the regulars even got a shot at one of those bottles.
    pschul4, totoropanda and Shilt like this.
  27. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Member

Tons of BC Coffee at Eagle Provisions on 18th and 5th ave in Park Slope (but kind of pricey at $18/bottle). They had about 30 - 40 bottles easy. No Cherry Rye though.

Also saw some Bolt Cutter there for $33/bottle. Ridiculous price, so I passed up on it. They had a few bottles left.

Oh and Brooklyn Black Ops just came in, but it's $30/bottle. Hate the mark-up in Park Slope.
  28. Msknutson

Msknutson Member

Too bad mn got so little of the cherry rye. Sounded good.
    Theeabyss likes this.
  29. equi1ibrium

equi1ibrium Member

I am noticing some posting that a Cherry Rye stout does not sound good, but I had one paired with BBQ from Smoque on the north side and I have to say that it was mighty tasty and in one year it will be EPIC!!!
    gpawned likes this.
  30. David_F

David_F Member

BCBS Coffee just hit Philly. Found bottles for $30....wtf?
  31. nicnut45

nicnut45 Member

Allright you dont have to tell what store you found KH in. But where in the store did you find it? Was it buried behind some bottles? Behind the counter? Did they even realize what they had? Ive dreamed of stumbling across a bottle of KH.
  32. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Member

One store I went to and asked for any GI variants and the beer guy brought me out the KH. But lightning struck twice, the second store I went to had them right out on the shelf in plain sight for everyone to see. I asked about limits and they said one per customer. I paid $13.26 including tax for the second bottle. BTW, I did let some friends know it was on the shelf and they are now proud owners of their own shelf walez! I thought about doin' a Jesse James when I saw the 6 btls on the shelf, but reason won out over want. :D
    gklover1 and nicnut45 like this.
  33. joehill

joehill Member

You should join the PS Food Coop! Whoever does the beer buying has been getting great beer lately. They currently have a ton of Bolt Cutter for $18.66/bottle.
  34. RelentlessLefty

RelentlessLefty Member

I cant imagine paying $30 a bottle for BCBCS. I paid $17 here. bought three. Can't wait to try to one tonight. Bolt cutter is not worth $33 even if you cant find it anywhere. Its flooded the market here and you can get it anywhere, and the most i have seen it sit on the shelves for is $22
  35. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Member

I was a member a while ago, but it was too far away (I live in Bay Ridge) and instead we joined the fledgling Bay Ridge Food Co-Op, which is currently operating as a buying club, sans beer. I'd gladly pay you the $18.66 if you could pick me up a bottle though.
  36. Jiatlas

Jiatlas Member

got a few bottles of each, message me if youd like to trade. thanks
  37. Vav

Vav Member

Very incorrect. The final number was 96 BBLS.

Distribution. If a salesperson was allocated two cases and only had one store that wanted it, taadaa.

Honestly, not this time. I just got the one. I'm trying my damndest to get another one to take care of some customers.
  38. Jagen

Jagen Member

I wonder how many of those 96 BBLs made it to stores? I figure they had to make a decent number of kegs (probably 1/6ers?) and save some bottles for future events...if all those BBLs made it into cases that'd be about 850 cases
    Theeabyss likes this.
  39. foobula

foobula Member

Wouldn't it be 1443 cases? Wikipedia says 31 gal/barrel. So 96 x 31 x 128 (oz per gal) ÷ 22 ÷ 12 = 1443.
    Theeabyss likes this.
  40. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Member

Yes, that is what my math tells me also.

Which, if true, means GI still has LOTS of Cherry to release.

EDIT: Rough estimate = 102 counties in Illinois x 3 cases per county(average, Cook got more obviously, but some got none) = ~306 cases distributed so far for Illinois -