1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Distribution in FL

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by CJS, Dec 1, 2012.

1. CJS

CJS Aficionado (190) Florida Oct 28, 2012

I just recently found out Goose Island will be hitting Florida soon. Wanted to know if anyone had any information on if the Bourbon County Stout series would soon follow.
  2. jumboj11

jumboj11 Aficionado (245) Georgia May 24, 2009

They just started distribution in GA in the past few months and it sounds like no one was expecting anything from this cycle of BCS.
  3. CJS

thanks.
  4. RIPT

RIPT Aspirant (45) North Carolina Sep 11, 2012

I'm in Florida as well. Just went to a "World Beer Festival" over on the west coast (naples - ft. myers) area. Saw Goose Island there and chatted with the rep. Yes, they just started distributing here, unfortunately BCBS will not be distributed down here as of now. He doesn't know when but he said possibly in 2013.
  5. CJS

thanks for the info.
  6. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

From the Rep in Orlando--BCBS should arrive in the market in late December or Jan. WOOT WOOT. The buyer at WOB Lk Mary said the same thing.

Stuff must be everywhere, I have received 6 bottles as extras in my last couple of trades.
  7. caboose9

caboose9 Aficionado (195) Ohio Oct 6, 2006

Is most Goose Island beer now brewed in upstate New York or is that an incorrect rumor?

Thanks, Roger
  8. MikeMoriendi

MikeMoriendi Savant (270) Florida Jun 13, 2008

GI stuff has been down here in South Florida for a couple weeks now. It is only IPA, Honkers, 312 and Mild Winter. Apparently BCBS will be down at some point next year in keg in small quantities for wholesalers that do good selling the base brands.

The main stuff like what is being sent out is mostly brewed in the AB brewery in New York. It seems only the Belgian and barrel aged stuff is still brewed in Chicago.
  9. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

We get GI in NC, but not BCBS which is kinda strange for this huge beer market. Hopefully that changes.
  10. GI rolled out to the rest of all 50 states two weeks ago, most w/ Classic line of Honker's, IPA, 312, and seasonal (Mild Winter). GA was an exception--rolled out with Vintage line (Matilda, Sophie, etc.).

NC (and other states) will likely see Vintage line and others (BCBS) by mid-2013.
  11. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

Don't go breakin' my heart.....
  12. I noticed The Ale and the Witch in St. Pete has the IPA on tap.