Goose Island Lolita availability ?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by jimelee108, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Is anyone having a hard time locating GI Lolita in the Chicago market? I keep looking and am being told that even with a "one bottle limit" no one can keep it in stock..

Is it hype, bad luck or just that hard to find?

2. Some stores, from what I understand, have gotten additional shipments of Lolita. You try Whole Foods? When I called a few of the WH to get on the list for Juliet, each store would either mention a future shipment of Lolita or if I was interested in some they already had hidden in the backroom.

3. Have seen it at quite a few places. Those places that do have it, it is $16 +.

4. BrohamidAli

BrohamidAli Initiate (0) Illinois Dec 2, 2011

It's friggine everywhere by me, it'll probably sit on the shelves for months, if your having trouble locating it I can buy you a bottle if you don't mind driving to the suburbs to meet me

5. I'm heading out today to make another run at it.. If I come up empty handed I could use the help this weekend. Thanks for the offer and info..

6. bradner

bradner Savant (370) Illinois Dec 26, 2007

Where is Juliet?

7. Khazadum

Khazadum Savant (395) Illinois Apr 29, 2010

If you are a city guy and come up empty handed let me know. I'll pass along a couple places I saw it sitting on shelves last week. Can't guarantee still there. Great beer that will only get better with age.

8. Khazadum

Khazadum Savant (395) Illinois Apr 29, 2010

This. This. This.

9. Sitting in bottles at GI

10. Yes, most likely. The places that I got on the list said few weeks most likely.

11. palvarado73

palvarado73 Disciple (65) Illinois Oct 16, 2010

Binny's on Grand got an allotment yesterday.

12. North side, Kedzie and Montrose area, there is a Foremost liquors. They have bottles at $20 with no purchase limit. Feel free to call ahead and ask how much they have, but the guy running it is known to increase (even more) the cost of a bottle if he knows its in demand. Show up, grab 1, and ask how many more he has that way you know the price already. He seems like the kind of guy that may haggle, too, though i've never tried.

13. willseph

willseph Initiate (0) Illinois Jan 31, 2011

Binny's in Lincoln Park had a bunch yesterday.

14. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (365) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

I've been seeing it in the burbs at quite a few places. As cheap as $14.99 and as high as 19.99

15. I have 4 bottles left on the shelf here at Mainstreet Liquors in Countryside. It's $20.99/bottle, but I suppose that's why we still have some.

16. Found some at the Liquor Barn in Nile today! TY for all the help

17. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

This is the correct answer. And they have been for quite a while.