1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Goose Island Sofie Paradisi

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by MarcatGSB, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Swik

Swik Savant (290) Indiana Oct 2, 2012

On tap @ the trion in new haven Indiana (Northeast Indiana/Northwest Ohio) definetly enjoyed this brew. Drank like a sweet bubbly, can definetly taste the grapefruit and the differences from a normal Sofie. Great brew and glad I got the chance to taste!
  2. this beer is delicious, I wasn't even the biggest fan of Sofie originally
    MisterBisco likes this.
  3. Where in Rochester? The Blue Monk had it in Buffalo and it sold out. I have not seen it yet in Rochester.[/quote]
    The draft list at Victoire has it listed. Correction I just looked and it's Sofie not Paradisi. If I was a betting man I would say the bottles and bottling I saw were also not Paradisi. Sorry for the confusion and the crushed dreams.
  4. Drank my growler at SPAC this weekend as a pregame for Dave Matthews
  5. marshmeli

marshmeli Savant (425) New York Feb 14, 2012

nice, plan is for me to do the same for n1 Jones Beach in a few weeks...
  6. I'll be there also
  7. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

This beer truly is wonderful...Our first sixth barrel has come and gone already. People really enjoyed it, especially with the option to try Sofie proper side by side.
  8. MisterBisco

MisterBisco Savant (485) New York Feb 18, 2009

Had both the Sofie and the Sofie Paradisi tonight... and it wasn't close. The Paradisi was a more complete, balanced beer. Delicious.
  9. atomic

atomic Savant (415) Illinois Sep 22, 2009

Wow Hackney's has a Fulton and Wood beer? The hackney's up in glenview is the only one I've been to, and while their beer selection has always been decent, its never had anything rare.
  10. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

I'm with you. Whenever I'm in town (pretty rarely), my wife tends to want to hit the one on Lake Ave. Decent taps, but you're really not going there for the beer.
    The Printer's Row downtown location is another animal altogether. Granted it might have been because it was Chicago Beer Week, but they had rare taps and takeovers from Goose Island, Revolution, and DFH with some oddballs each day this past weekend. Our hotel was right there, so we stopped once a day just to see what was on next.
  11. Just had this for the first time this weekend. Great beer!
  12. Inthedarkglass

Inthedarkglass Initiate (5) Jun 3, 2013

Now on tap at Pizzeria Biga - Royal Oak, MI. Limited quantity available!
  13. Had it on tap last week and thought it was a bit of a letdown. Way too much wine character from the barrel aging. I gave it to a couple friends to try without telling them what it was and they both remarked "tastes like white wine".
  14. The Windy City ale house on 3rd avenue in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.
  15. It looks like Top Hops will be tapping this soon (along with BCBS).
  16. I had some last night at a Goose Island tap takeover. I didn't find much grapefruit character in it..to me it was a pleasant light body saison with hints of citrus, brett and barrel (quite a bit less bold than found in Juicy or Mimosa).
  17. TheGoof

TheGoof Savant (285) Michigan Apr 10, 2013

To follow up on my previous post in this thread, both Central City Tap House and Kalamazoo Beer Exchange have this one right now in Kalamazoo. Tried it last night and it tastes more like a dry white wine than anything. A big downgrade from regular Sofie IMO.
  18. mwgroove23

mwgroove23 Aficionado (235) Texas Apr 14, 2013

I have some growlers of this. BM me if interested.
  19. the Beer Growler in Avondale, GA has this tonight.
    Delicious.
  20. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (340) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

This is a great beer. Very refreshing with the grapefruit addition! Awesome summer saison. BOTTLE THIS!
    c64person and mattafett like this.
  21. Watch out Blue Moon !!!
  22. Agreed, had this on tap in Kalamazoo, that stuff is delicious! Now if only I could get it in a growler and take it home so I can act like a piggy and drink it all night long! :D