1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Got Pliny Jacked today at Whole Foods

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by RBassSFHOPit2ME, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Really? I usually mow down pedestrians, punch my bus driver in the nose, jaywalk daily, throw my own poop (I don't poop dog poop, not sure why PNWesterners do...) at people's windows, and line cut everyone. In short, I'm an asshole. I guess that's too much to ask in the PNW. Sad, but maybe not so surprising.
    Hatzilla and ewright like this.
  2. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (615) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Damnit you beat me to it. I currently live in Chicago tho so I do all of that to a greater degree :p
    ravot likes this.
  3. Pussy. You should have said "Hey asshole! I was here in line before you, now wait your motherfucking turn!". Alternatively, you could have said to the clerk "what the fuck!?!? Was I not standing here asking you for some Pliny?". Manners are overrated in a world full of assholes.
    mhenson42 and Bobheed like this.
  4. Easy to call someone a pussy from your keyboard... why don't you rap about it?
    Providence likes this.
  5. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

You know that saying "every problem is a nail when your only tool is a hammer"?

Insert "asshole" in there somewhere, and it's probably pretty applicable to your attitude.
  6. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

every problem is a nail when your only asshole tool is a hammer...

I don't think I did it right... :oops:
    WillCarrera, Danielbt and draheim like this.
  7. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

How about this: "every problem is a nail when your only tool is a hammer, asshole."
  8. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

;)
  9. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

I don't know why, but this made me laugh.
  10. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

Respect!!!!!
  11. draheim

Try reading it in the "Church Lady" voice ;)

[​IMG]
  12. I would have politely reminded the store employee that he/she dealing with me before the other "gentleman," and that he/she should finish with me before helping the next customer.

Then I would have asked her for all the Pliny the store had.
    OtisCampbell and RBassSFHOPit2ME like this.
  13. I have a similiar story:

The other day I'm at WHole Foods and I know they just got a Pliny shiipment. There is none on display. So I take my cart over to the cheese counter to see if they have any behind the counter.

I am waiting patiently as some other guy is trying to figure out how many he wants. I can see that the employee is frustrated with him as well.
    I was going to buy 20 bottles. I had a group of friends from BA coming over and I know a number of them had never tried Pliny.
    So while the other guy is still trying to figure out what he wants, the employee gives me a look like "tell me what you want while this guy figures out what he is doing.". I figure I will leave him a few bottles so. I ask for 15 bottles. The employee puts them in my cart. I say thank you and start to leave.
    While I'm leaving, this guy who still doesn't know what he wants, starts giving me the stinkeye.
    Serves me right for being nice. Next time I will take all of the bottles.
  14. mtp

mtp Disciple (50) Jun 2, 2012

Suck's for me. There is no pliny in New England. but we do have heady topper!
  15. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

I'm glad I don't have to play games like that when I buy my favourite locally available DIPA...Odell Myrcenary. :rolleyes:
  16. Oh boy! Well, I can see where people have different manners in different parts of the country. I live in New Jersey, and now I know why things are said about this state. It is fast paced, crowded, most with out manners, etc.

Of course people will be fine with that, but not to be really too deep, it is not fine at all. My parents and grandparents did NOT teach me to act disrespectful, but honorable. I can not expect that at all of course but whatever is all I can say.

For me I love to share beer with others, I do not seek out beers, hyped or not. I let it be natural and that is more enjoyable. I do for others with total heart, with no expectations.
  17. Check the way your state treats same sex couples and immigrants and that let us know if you still believe your state is civilized.
    mintjellie and OtisCampbell like this.
  18. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Ha! To be fair, it's not like MOST of America has a great track record for either of those.. sadly.
    accordselux and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  19. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,000) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

I think we officially need to add the term "Pliny Jacked" to the official beer lexicon...
    gengle and MichPaul like this.
  20. Totally agree.

PS: Love the avatar.
  21. weatherdog

weatherdog Savant (470) Illinois Nov 7, 2007

#whitewhine
    SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  22. cubbyswans

cubbyswans Savant (365) Missouri Jun 10, 2008

I honestly don't think you would have been out of line or rude or anything like that at all to say to simply say "Excuse me, I was here first." to the worker at the store and the person who stuck his cart in front of you. I'm not saying start an altercation by any stretch of the imagination here... but man up or something.
    Stockfan42, gengle and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  23. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Missouri Jan 27, 2012

I've had "free reign" of a desirable beer before and I've always left a few behind for somebody else. BUT, if I come back a few days later and it's still sitting on the shelf I always help myself again. I just can't bring myself to wipe out the shelf. I'd feel like a dick.
  24. Jose2412

Jose2412 Aficionado (240) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

this thread brought the ROFL's
  25. draheim

What, you mean this? Not sure how we treat immigrants, guess I could ask my wife.
  26. its 23.5 hours doooooood
  27. yo how you gonna let him straight up disrespect you like that? I'd be all like 'no you di'int' and shit.
  28. My GOD...this is not what I was trying to start. Spare me / us...and yes my sister and best friend is GAY Professor Politics...
    Chickenhawk9932 likes this.
  29. Bobheed

Bobheed Savant (355) Texas Dec 27, 2010

Nah, I think it's "every problem is a nail when your only asshole is a hammer"?

On the real though, that's pretty lame. On the bright side, you got 4 bottles of Pliny at one store, which is more than I can get at any local store, but man that guy was a dick. Even if none of my stores had limits, I wouldn't do that shit, deprive other craft beer enthusiasts of the glory of Pliny. The almighty beer karma will get him back.
  30. Read all my replies before making a comment like that...as I mentioned (if you read the thread) I'm slim no never quiet in these situations. It actually makes my wife pretty uncomfortable actually when these types of things occure and I open my mouth; HOWEVER, I knew the shipment was no more than an hour old, so figured I was in the clear...love all you keyboard tough guys. ;-)
  31. Devi0us

Devi0us Advocate (530) California May 3, 2011

Since I have a beer shop with no Pliny limit, I don't know what this feels like...But if I were in your situation, I would have politely said "Bitch, you were helping me first"...Then proceeded to buy my 5 or whatever then say to the guy, it's your turn now and be on my way...

Cheers!
  32. cubbyswans

cubbyswans Savant (365) Missouri Jun 10, 2008

I am not a tough guy by any means. I have no problem admitting that. But i don't think simply saying 'excuse me, my turn' is going to ruffle anyone's feathers. You don't have to throw the guy in a figure 4 leg lock... but it was your turn. Say so. That's all. If the guy cocks his fist and the clerk agrees with that, then so be it.... the Pliny is his. But it is probably not going down that way if you just say something.
  33. Motherfucker say what?
  34. dude, the 'pussy' part was me being facetious. Seriously, though you should have checked the rude dude who cut you in line or at the very least said something to the cashier. Gotta man up at some point, just saying.
    Stockfan42, LambicKing and cubbyswans like this.
  35. Are you frustrated with getting just 4 PtE? Rough deal I guess. As for the guy who cut...say something in a civilized manner. I know, you've already stated you knew there was enough....so again, are you complaining about getting just 4 PtE?
    Stockfan42 likes this.
  36. Crackerroll

Crackerroll Savant (295) Missouri Jan 16, 2011

Overrated. SN Torpedo!!! hahahaha
  37. draheim

This thread inspired me to pick up a couple Plinys @ Whole Foods today. Bottled 053112, and not a douchebag in sight. Delicious! Cheers!
  38. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Check the mirror!

BURN.
    draheim likes this.
  39. Holy crap! My bad dude. For some reason I thought you were the guy from New Mexico I was in another conversation with earlier. Truly sorry about that one man, seriously.
  40. I apologize. It was a mistake on my part for a number of reasons. 1.) I had the wrong poster (I thought he was a guy from New Mexico I was talking to earlier) and 2.) It had no business being in this thread anyways. My bad. Apologies all around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.