Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Canada grandmas house

Discussion in 'Canada' started by time4lunch, Jan 28, 2013.

1. time4lunch

time4lunch Aficionado (230) New Hampshire Aug 10, 2012 Verified

Hey all,

My grandparents live in madawaska maine and ill be going up there in late April. I was wondering if anyone had any information or advice for my beer hunting when I cross over to Edmunston I.e. places, bars, stores... If I could my hands on a couple bottles of cantillon I would appreciate the help. Cheers .

2. kjyost

kjyost Champion (800) Manitoba (Canada) May 4, 2008 Verified Subscriber

I know nothing of that area of Canada, but with a few exceptions people thinking of Canada as the land of Cantillon are sadly mistaken...

Good luck, though I highly doubt you will get Cantillon, never mind any other decent beer.

korguy123 likes this.
  3. tbeckett

tbeckett Champion (795) Ontario (Canada) May 17, 2009 Verified

Pretty sure there's no Cantillon in New Brunswick. Ever.

There might be a few things available from the local monopoly stores from Picaroons or some Quebec/Nova Scotia micros, otherwise you're SOL.

4. tbeckett

tbeckett Champion (795) Ontario (Canada) May 17, 2009 Verified

5. time4lunch

time4lunch Aficionado (230) New Hampshire Aug 10, 2012 Verified

thanks alot man the bitter might be something to find

matthaslaservision likes this.
  6. Electros

Electros Advocate (645) Ontario (Canada) Feb 20, 2007 Verified Subscriber

Drive a little farther and go to Quebec... not that I am saying that there isn't anything good in NB, but from what I gather it is very limited. Try to get something from Picaroons, Propeller, and the Garrison Breweries. You can look there beers up here on the Liqour Board website to see if they are near where you are going.

http://www.nbliquor.com/

Also look up bottle shop in Quebec.