1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Gratitude update

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by HopsMatt, Jul 10, 2012.

1. damn the torpedos, will be opening an '07 this weekend.
  2. Ill be there at noon with growlers in hand to stock up on some forced carbed gratitude. If your in the area, it will be worth it to make the trip, especially if you haven't been to the new tasting room yet.
  3. Definitely worth the trip, it was drinking great today. I was only planning on getting one growler, but after talking with Scott who believed it'll keep for a couple of months no problem, I bought a couple more. That'll keep me warm, even in these single-digit temps! Cheers Scott, for giving us the Gratitude fix!
    huadog and Tedwarhc like this.
  4. Don't understand the issue. English Barleywine is one of the few styles that is traditionally completely or almost completely flat.
  5. I appreciate the attention to detail and that they care enough to not release a beer that is not carbonated to their standards. To me, it shows they care.
  6. Just saying, I would drink flat Gratitude. Flatitude.
  7. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

That gem has already been shined, my man.

huadog and JRod1969 like this.
  8. Too close to flatulate/flatulation. And I seriously wouldn't buy that.
  9. I see that, my face is red. I mostly wanted to say I liked flat Lost Abbey and flat HotD so I'd probably like flat Gratitude.
    yamar68 likes this.
  10. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (460) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

11. DogfishJoe

DogfishJoe Savant (460) Ohio Feb 14, 2010

This beer has been a want of mine for a while, but the voodoo release is gonna take up most of my beer budget for sept :(
  12. claspada

claspada Advocate (630) New Jersey Sep 27, 2007

any available updates if this sold out on Saturday and/or how long bottles will be available?
  13. DogfishJoe

DogfishJoe Savant (460) Ohio Feb 14, 2010

Their is another thread that's is up to date
  14. They updated their site and said

Here's what's left, as of today (9/16) and we'll be offering it until it is all gone:
    - Gratitude 2013 (about 250 bottles)
    - Gratitude 2010 (around 100 bottles)
    - Gratitude 2009 (less than 100 bottles)
    - Gratitude 2008A (more than 500 bottles)
    - Flatitude (lots!) Full case purchases only.

I actually emailed them and got them to put 2 bottles aside for my friend to pick up and mule down to me
  15. Jakers90

Jakers90 Aficionado (215) Michigan Mar 13, 2011

Would any one like to do a trade? I would really like to get my hands on a few btls of gratitude(not picky on the vintage). Would also love to get my hands on some of the next Voodoo Barrel room collection. Have things like Bell's BA batch 9000, Kuhnhenn BA Solar Eclipse and 11' black Tuesday to part with. Can expand with upcoming releases I.E. Arcadia BA Shipwreck Porter, MI Locals ETC.
  16. mikeyv35

mikeyv35 Savant (365) New York Oct 15, 2008

I just wanted to personally thank the Pittsburgh area BAs/beer geeks that treated my father so well at the recent 2013 Gratitude release at East End, I really appreciate it! He does not know anything about craft beer and he left his business for the day to get me a full case of Gratitude 2013 plus a 2006 bottle, which I just received at my front door. I was worried about the situation because he really does not drink anymore, does not know anything about craft beer, nor did he know anyone at the release. After the release he called me and raved about all the nice people he met! He said he made some good friends in line and actually tasted Gratitude 2013 and thought it was a very good beer. Thank you all! I would expect nothing less from the great beer community we have.