Dismiss Notice
Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Learn more about beer. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for as low as 68% off the single issue price.

Subscribe now →

Gravity Mountain...Have you had it?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by cavemanlawyer, Apr 27, 2012.

1. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (345) Oregon Dec 7, 2010 Verified

2. ramnuts

ramnuts Aficionado (245) Oregon Feb 16, 2009

Concordia New Seasons sold out last night. Not available at any other New Seasons until next week, according to what I was told by the Orenco Station and Cedar Hills stores.
  3. Went to the release at Concordia Ale House last night. Enjoyed my 2 pints quite a bit ~ I think everyone at the table (at least those who were drinking beer...) had seconds. I honestly didn't geek out over the beer as we were visiting with friends we hadn't seen in months (meaning I really wasn't thinking about it much as I was drinking it). But it was pretty damn tasty (how's THAT for a review! :D)

CAH was selling 6-packs to go for $12. Don't know if they still have any (we left early, around 6:30), but you could give them a call.
  4. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Advocate (550) Oregon Aug 17, 2005 Verified

It's damn good. I'm looking forward to taking a 6pk home.
    djbreezy likes this.
  5. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (520) Washington Dec 16, 2008

Busy tonight but hoping to grab a 6 pack this weekend if they're still around somewhere. Don't know how much was brewed or how limited it will be but seems to have some hype surrounding it.
  6. boMD

boMD Savant (325) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

For those looking in PDX, I'm at Bottles right now for the Upright event and they have Gravity Mountain bottles.
  7. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Advocate (550) Oregon Aug 17, 2005 Verified

They must have brewed quite a bit, because they supposedly sent a pallet to NS Concordia alone (on top of the 30+ cases they had for the release yesterday), and the distributor basically said I could order as much as I wanted. We only had room for about 30 cases or I would have grabbed more, and I'm starting to think I should have ordered at least a pallet as well. It hit the floor at about noon today, and we had already sold 6-7 cases by the time I left the shop at 7ish.

I'm assuming a lot of the hype is due to the fact that it's the first bottled offering with a Double Mountain logo on it. I'm really curious to try a side by side with the draft version that they brewed at Double Mountain, mainly to see how much (if any) difference there is between the two.
    djbreezy likes this.
  8. NWer

NWer Advocate (720) Washington Mar 10, 2009 Verified

I picked up two six packs at New Seasons Market & had a pint at Concordia Ale House at the release party. I have to sit down with a bottle of it in a relaxed setting to try to figure it out.
    I sure enjoyed it though.

Then today I enjoy an Il Coloquio de Cervantes & grab two bottles to go (limit 1 but wife grabbed one as well) at 16 Tons in Eugene.
    Sometimes the stars align just right :)
  9. goodbyeohio

goodbyeohio Advocate (690) Oregon Jul 13, 2004

It is my understanding that the main difference (despite being a similar recipe) is that the bottle version from TG utilized mainly pelletized hops, whereas the draft version brewed at DM used mainly whole cone hops. I had the bottle and thought it was a bit too earthy/grassy for me.. figure the draft is probably a bit less intense and more my speed. We have a keg at the 'Mongers and it should be on tap within the next week or two.
    djbreezy and boMD like this.
  10. tcampbel1

tcampbel1 Aficionado (225) Oregon May 17, 2010

I'm enjoying a bottle of it right now. Fresh it is really good definitely tastes like a TG IPA. Unfortunately most TG 6ers seem to sit on the shelf too long because of the higher price point, but I don't think this release will suffer a similar fate.
    djbreezy likes this.
  11. RedMedicine

RedMedicine Savant (350) Oregon Jun 3, 2005

Drinking now, disappointed I don't get much nose but otherwise pretty awesome. Will buy again.