1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Great Brewers Variety Packs

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by LCB_Hostage, Feb 25, 2013.

1. I
    was always to nervous to get these, but not anymore. I'll have to pick one up and i'll post on here what I got!
    jodybrutal likes this.
  2. They are made up by Hunterdon (an L. Knife & Sons company, and they're the ones behind the "Great Brewers" logo) - any retailer who deals with Hunterdon should be able to order them for you (don't know if there's a minimum order or not).

Seems like the last place I saw them was Bottle King on 130, in East Windsor, NJ.
  3. Cozuma

Cozuma Aficionado (135) Indiana Feb 19, 2014

I'd love to find something like this in Indiana but I fear many of the shops aren't even adventurous enough to offer some oddities.
  4. The almost always have them at Joe Canals and I've also seen them at Little Brothers in Flemington. Per Jess' comment above, I think the "Great Brewers" label is purely a Jersey distro thing, although I wouldn't be surprised if other distributors elsewhere are doing something similar.
  5. Would this by any chance be a distributor in Doylestown? We won't name any names here of course, but my guys there have been "stretching the rules" (in the way you mentioned and in other ways as well) for a while now to stay competitive.
  6. I didn't mean to imply that - in NJ, the Great Brewers/L. Knife & Sons owned-distributor is Hunterdon, but they own distributorships in nearly a dozen or so states (inc. all of New England), so it's possible the variety packs do exist elsewhere.

http://greatbrewers.com/product/greatbrewerscom-variety-12-pack has a "Find This Beer" option.
  7. I found mine in Lawnside, NJ at Victor's Liquors. They're long gone by now, though. I bought one last Tuesday and there were maybe 20-25 of the 6 packs, by Friday night they had just sold their last one. I bought the 12 pack, 12 ounce version, but it wasn't very good, though still a great deal compared to doing a make your own 6 pack.
  8. No, they are outside of King of Prussia. Good to hear you have the same offering near you!