1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

Great brewery in Scotland

Discussion in 'Europe' started by sackhouse2, Oct 10, 2012.

1. i just recently went on a trip to scotland, and wandered into a bar in glasgow that is run by BrewDog Brewery. they have several bar locations in scotland and the uk, and they have some really great brews, particularly the Tokyo* and Libertine Black Ale. their attitude and approach to beer seems to be a lot like that of Stone Brewery. anyway, i just thought i'd share my discovery with everyone

2. Their approach is completely different, since Stone Brewery aren’t assholes.

You don’t see Greg Koch talking shit about Fred Eckhardt and Charlie Papazian, which is the equivalent of what BrewDog do.

jazzyjeff13 likes this.
  3. jmw

jmw Savant (440) North Carolina Feb 4, 2009

I'm afraid that brewdog is not very highly thought of in some circles, as WaNP has pointed out. While they do brew some very good beers, they have some fairly irritating self-promotion techniques. You'll find mixed feelings.

I'm curious: why does a fellow from CA come to the Europe subforum to tout a brewery in Scotland (which is part of a different subforum)?