1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Great Divide Bday party

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Mebuzzard, May 31, 2012.

1. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

2. It's not exactly a roof-top...more like a stage; I was there for their release of Fresh Hop last fall and they had that thing set up. IIRC it's at about head-level if you're standing by those big silver tank-thingies with a short stairway between the two levels. They were serving the beers on the lower level.

Anywho...anniversary party sounds fun!

3. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Yeah, that was a little stage area on the north side of the brewery.There are taps all over the place for that party and they even shut down the street and bring in a bunch of food trucks. Lines are long, but there are one offs galore.
    Last year we ended up camping beneath the fermenters beside the building for shade and because seating was pretty tough to come by after 1/2 hour.
    That said, it's still a kick-ass time. Me and the wife will be there unless something catastrophic happens.

4. I went the last 2 years...sadly missing this year since it falls on my son's birthday. I hope they don't keep this date! It's a great time though, and definitely worth it.

5. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (530) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

My wife and I, meeting a few friends will be there! Great time, second year for us.

6. bfields4

bfields4 Savant (370) Colorado Dec 11, 2007

Sounds like an awsome event. I will be there foo sho, any news on special releases?

7. Not the same day as Sour Fest! A bit bummed I missed out last year because of that (a little bit at least).

8. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Just an FYI - GD just posted that they're now sold out. I figure I'll save anyone the trip if they were planning on buying tix at the door.
    Me and the wife will be there - probably hiding from the sun under the giant fermenters again. Feel free to say hello.