1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Great Divide Orabelle Belgian-Style Tripel

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by schillman, Jan 9, 2013.

1. This one caught me by surprise, look for it soon...
    It’s always hard to crawl out of our winter caves and say goodbye to Hibernation, but this year, the transition will be easier with our brand new 6-pack seasonal, Orabelle Belgian-Style Tripel. This golden beauty is brewed with barley, wheat, oats, rye, two yeast strains, and a dash of orange peel and coriander — making it one complex and flavorful pour.
    [​IMG]

2. jglowe77

jglowe77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2011

I'm in search of this. I hope it hits around me.

3. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (760) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

Nice! GD is limited in Michigan, so ever now and then I'll drive to Toledo and I always leave with some GD stuff (usually some kind of Yeti). Haven't been disappointed with them yet. I love Trippels, so I must remember to keep an eye out for this.

4. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

I'm getting realllllll sick of coriander in beer.

I do love GD though. Will try it.

Beerontwowheels likes this.
  5. RDMII

RDMII Savant (315) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

Hit our shop today. Will try it soon. I love GD. Anxious for this one.

6. huysmans

huysmans Savant (330) New Jersey Dec 5, 2007

I have two reserved for me to pick up Friday, looking forward to it!

7. smakawhat

smakawhat Poobah (1,170) Maryland Mar 18, 2008

Great Divide makes a Tripel now???

I am all over that!

8. jtierney89

jtierney89 Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 15, 2011

If this beer is anything like Hades by GD I'll be buying it by the case load. I have yet to be dissapointed by Great Divide

9. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

Another beautiful label.

I'll definitely be picking it up when I see it around. Love Great Divide.

10. RDMII

RDMII Savant (315) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

11. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Savant (350) Colorado Nov 29, 2006

I had this the other day. I really enjoyed it, and I'ts a great deal for a tasty 8.3% belgian beer. Did anyone else find that their bottles were undercarbonated though? Mine were nearly flat. I thnk tripels should be really carbonated (3+ volumes of co2) at least. I bought a sixer of hibernation that was completely flat before as well, but I was surprised to see a flat tripel. Other than that the beer is great though! simply spiced with a great yeast profile. It almost reminds me of a more phenolic wit.

12. Ricelikesbeer

I vaguely remember that one too. I wonder how close Orabelle is to that one. The bomber was stronger, but that makes sense since Orabelle was released in a sixer.

13. ISO: Orabelle and Collette (which is now going to be year round)

14. huysmans

huysmans Savant (330) New Jersey Dec 5, 2007

I had my first one last night and it was fantastic. A little sweet, a little syrupy, a bit of bite, refreshing and warming, all at once. Great nose and great flavor. Been a while since I have had an Allagash Tripel, would like to try them side by side.

15. Yup, I poured one last night. Let the chill fade off and then dumped it into a Duvel tulip. It was like half a finger of head. :confused:

edit: and that head faded to nothing pretty fast

16. Ricelikesbeer

yeah and I actually noticed the same thing with Colette this week. I wonder if they are having carbonation issues or something. I find that that takes away from the experience quite a bit though. Makes it more syrupy.