1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Green Flash Opening East Coast Brewery in Virginia Beach?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by Hanzo, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

zackcamp likes this.
  2. Say whaaaaa. Hope all this is truth.

3. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Savant (360) Virginia Nov 20, 2012

It is - spoke with a distributor who had a meeting with the owners. Also, the new Seirra Nevada is 6mos ahead of schedule....

Head-high likes this.
  4. ThatCracker

BTW - Where are the work applications at ;)

5. Hanzo

It is going to be so awesome to have a brewery of this magnitude only a few minutes away. I hope they are wildly successful and show that we have plenty of room for good breweries here.

ThatCracker likes this.
  6. Anybody else notice an abundance of Green Flash in stores these days?

7. Hanzo

They are trying to assimilate us prior to their arrival.

8. ThatCracker

Abundance of Palate Wrecker here...my wallet is trying to keep up LOL

9. Whoever distributes Green Flash in Charlotte, NC seriously must suck. It's extremely rare that I find a bottle of their hoppy stuff that tastes right, even stuff that's less than a month old. We got a decent amount of Palate Wrecker as well but every bottle I tried was crap. I just imagine it sitting in the back of a hot semi-truck during the shipping process.

10. Handle

Handle Savant (370) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

Huh. I had some great Palate Wrecker from Brawley's, but that was in a bomber. I've been meaning to pick up a four-pack now that they're around, as that was one of my favorite beers from last year.

11. Strange, I had both a bomber and a 4 pack and was not impressed with either. Admittedly, the bomber was better than the 4 pack, but neither tasted right to me. I need to get over to Brawley's more often. He's the closest bottle shop to my house but he also closes the earliest. It's tough to make it over there by 7 when you get off work at 6. :(

Handle likes this.
  12. Palate Wrecker is everywhere.

13. Sam adams at harris teeter is the worst for being old. I always see it expired..

14. montman

montman Savant (250) Virginia Mar 10, 2009

Article in the Pilot today about Green Flash in VB.
    Link

ThatCracker likes this.
  15. Hanzo

That's awesome that it is finally official. Can't wait for them to open, the more attention to craft beer in our area the better.

Head-high and ThatCracker like this.
  16. Sweet. And I must say I'm relieved. I thought all this talk of possibly NC was just gossip. But having official word, there can no longer be any doubt. I may celebrate this weekend with a delicious GF Double Stout.

17. Hanzo

I hope this means I'll be able to score Silva Stout now, but they likely won't have the same barrel program here as they do on the West Coast.