1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Green Flash to Build East Coast Brewery

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Todd, Jun 27, 2012.

1. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

It used to be 10.99 a six and now 11.99 a four.
    Hope the price comes down.

2. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (675) Texas Oct 14, 2009

Here, here!

I remember visiting a year or so ago and hearing about a group who was trying to get New Belgium to set up in Muskegon. This was way before they even started to distribute to Michigan.

Still, as a Michigan transplant now living in CA I'd rather see Bells, Founders, Dark Horse, Shorts out here. Hometown bias perhaps?

steebo777 likes this.
  3. dedrinker

dedrinker Initiate (0) Kansas May 13, 2006

It better bring down the price of their beer or else so what, big deal.

4. Cough Cough Heady Topper Cough Cough

5. modern

modern Aficionado (210) Ohio May 31, 2012

Beer you can buy vs. beer with no distribution, right? I mean, I get the impression that Heady Topper isn't just sitting on shelves at every bottle shop in your town and every other bar has it on tap. I'm kind of a noob, so I could certainly be wrong about their distribution, but isn't Heady Topper an example of what Green Flash is trying to prevent? The best beer that I cant drink? Who cares. Fresh and tasty Two Hearted is all over the place. Sounds like Green Flash will have some fresher beer in my town soon as well.

If I am wrong about Heady Topper (and its really easy to obtain) please send me some. It sounds great.