Green Flash to Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Jerktookmyname, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Just saw on Riley's Wines twitter that they'll be carrying Green Flash starting Wednesday. A great addition to the Wisconsin beer scene. West Coast IPA is one of my favorites.

2. stayclean

stayclean Savant (370) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Yesterday I noticed on Discount Liquor's site that they received Green Flash. Hope this means some more the CA breweries make it this way.

3. Picked up Le Freak yesterday.. 101 IBU 9.2% ABV. Stuff is delicious!
    Also saw the Red and Rayon Vert.

4. bound4er

bound4er Savant (455) Wisconsin Jul 4, 2007

Green Flash IPA is damn tasty - look forward to having access to it.

5. chumsnards666

chumsnards666 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2012

Id love to pick some up from there next time I'm over that way, however it'll have sat warm, under lights for several days, so I'll pass.

6. I really enjoy Palate Wrecker.

7. bound4er

bound4er Savant (455) Wisconsin Jul 4, 2007

Just picked up a 4-pack of Le Freak from Discount and love it. I think it was around 8.99 which is a manageable price too.

8. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

Its in Hudson as well. Only bombers of the IPA. What do they typically go for? I just recall seeing the uproar on here when they went from 6pks to 4pks on everything, but the price remained essentially the same.

9. slaneja

slaneja Aficionado (165) Belgium Mar 26, 2010

Saw Le Freak, the IPA and another variety at Woodmans in Madison. They had plenty of it. I believe the price on them was $8.99 as well.

10. chumsnards666

East or West? Sun Prairie doesn't have it yet.

11. Stevedore

Stevedore Poobah (1,045) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012 Verified

Yeah, Steve's (University, Madison) has their bottles on the shelf already.

12. Got mine at west side location. had 3 different 4-packs, and bombers of West Coast IPA. Also Steve's on McKee should be getting some next week.

13. psychotia

psychotia Savant (395) Minnesota Jun 27, 2009

Kinda disappointed to see old(er) bottle dates from a new-to-market brewery. At least all bottles I've seen in Madison stores indicate a late October bottling. I'll wait for fresh bottles, when (if?) they show up.

14. chumsnards666

Thanks, dude. I picked up some West Coast today.

15. BrownAleMale

BrownAleMale Advocate (635) Wisconsin Dec 14, 2011 Verified

Anyone see any hop head red?

16. greg357

greg357 Aficionado (110) Wisconsin Jun 18, 2010

Anybody see this in the Fox Valley yet? Nothing at Club as of this morning....

17. chumsnards666

$8.99 4-Packs at Woodman's West, but that's quite a hike from where you're at.

18. Got some at Discount in Milwaukee last week. I haven't had one yet, but my wife thought it was just okay. Bottled in mid-late November if I recall correctly.

19. BrownAleMale

BrownAleMale Advocate (635) Wisconsin Dec 14, 2011 Verified

Thanks guys. I will check out Discount in Waukesha.

20. Westuh

Westuh Savant (380) Wisconsin Oct 9, 2012

Ottos on Oakland ave has the IPA bomber, a Belgian and a 4 pack of Le Freak

21. crossovert

crossovert Champion (810) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

Mikes in keno has hop head and impy ipa on tap. Both are drinking nicely.

22. I couldn't find a bottle date on any of the Le Freak I've seen. I love this beer but I don't generally buy IPAs that could be over six months old. Disappointed. In any event I really hope we get Palate Wrecker. I would drink a lot of that stuff if I had easy access to it.

23. Had a bomber of West Coast IPA tonight...tasted vegetal and off to me, but I've never had it before. Bottle was dated in November so I'm guessing its within the freshness realm? Has anyone else had a similar flavor? The hop head red is killer, however.