1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Greenbush Hitting MI Distribution

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by travMI13, Feb 18, 2013.

1. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (355) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Per Beer Pulse:

www.beerpulse.com/2013/02/greenbush-brewing-launches-bottle-distribution-in-michigan-with-imperial-beverage/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=greenbush-brewing-launches-bottle-distribution-in-michigan-with-imperial-beverage

This makes me happy. I dig Anger, Distorter, and Brother Benjamin a lot. I'm looking forward to, hopefully, having regular access.

On a related note, I'll go ahead and say this so none of you have to: I guess someone (yours truly) shouldn't have gotten so butt hurt about the Chicago distro.

2. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

I will drink myself stupid on Brother Benjamin. Absolutely outstanding DIPA, every bit as good as any other DIPA brewed in the state.

adamdd, MacJenkins, WITTBEER and 2 others like this.
  3. Marti403

Marti403 Savant (470) Michigan Jul 23, 2011

This. Had it a couple of weeks ago and it changed my life.

4. Been going serious fanboy on them since finding out about them. So, I'll be bugging my various people about their arrival in Chicago.

5. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

This makes me happy..They really blew me away during the fall beer fest in Detroit, and have been wanting to have more access to them...Was pumped to have some last weekend when we went to ferndale and ate at the Local. they had some Greenbush left over from their greenbush dinner, so TravMI13 and myself got to drink some..He had Brother Benjamin which is real good, and I had Retribution which was fantastic as well..

6. ajzy

ajzy Savant (425) Wisconsin Jun 15, 2011

just stopped there yesterday on the way back from Kuhnhenn--great beers. In my opinion Brother Benjamin was reminiscent of Hopslam as far as DIPA's brewed with honey go..

tclang likes this.
  7. Gotti311

Gotti311 Advocate (570) Wisconsin Mar 22, 2009

Too bad that wasn't on tap during our visit. I was in love with Mr Hyde. They served the beer at the perfect temp.

8. jmich24

jmich24 Savant (440) Michigan Jan 28, 2010

Picked this up on your recommendation. Did not live up to the hype. Sweet malty mess of a DIPA for my taste.

9. kzoobrew

Picked up my first bottles today, I will readily admit that my experience with this beer on tap outweighs my experience in bottles. I will also concede it is maltier and sweeter than many people may prefer but I still love the beer. If it is readily available I will purchase it fairly often.

jmich24 likes this.
  10. I question their choices for this release... 3 different IPA's and a APA? How about a little more variety? Especially considering how many other great beers they brew. Seems like they could have tried harder and not play it so safe. Disappointing.

11. kzoobrew

Not to mention that Pale Ales and IPAs general make up a breweries core line up. Founders line up contains two IPAs and a Pale and people praise that all day. I guess I don't see the grounds for the complaint.

Also, Anger may be labeled a Black IPA but I still don't consider that an IPA.

12. travMI13

travMI13 Savant (355) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Brother Benjamin reminded me a lot of Double Crooked Tree. Not the flavor profile so much but just how much malt there was to back up the hops. I've always liked that about Double Crooked, and I like the same thing in Brother Benjamin.

13. Jose2412

Jose2412 Aficionado (240) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

Bought a four pack of Brother Benajmin last night and a couple singles of Hopslam, Double Crooked Tree and Sucks.

Had Hopslam and Brother Benjamin side by side, Brother was much more bitter and seemed less malty, although the hopslam was bottled just after the new year (01/02/13). Sucks was a distant third for me last night.

Will be putting Brother against Double Crooked Tree tonight side by side.

14. [​IMG]

I was pleasantly surprised to see this in Dearborn!