Grey Sail Leaning Chimney

Discussion in 'New England' started by ShogoKawada, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Holy crap! Has anyone else tried this beer? I am blown away. Grey Sail nailed it- A great porter with just a smidgen of smoke to set it apart.

Has anyone seen this on draft at all in the RI area?

2. PicoPapa

PicoPapa Savant (480) Connecticut Mar 6, 2009

The Malted Barley in Westerly has it on tap. They usually have most, if not all, of Grey Sail's offerings there. I reviewed this beer almost a year ago and was surprised that I hadn't heard anything more about it. I think it's only gotten one more review since. I agree with you, great beer with a nice amount of smoke.

3. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

How does this one compare to Mayflower's Porter?

4. I had it on tap at the Mews in Wakefield last month and just found 16 oz cans at Wakefield liquors yesterday (4-pack $8.99). A little thin for me but one of the better local porters I've had since moving here last year

5. I agree . Great Porter ! Josh nailed it.

6. They are pretty different. The smoke, while not all that heavy in the Grey Sail, is more prominent than it is in the Mayflower. TheManiacalOne has reviewed them both, if you want to compare those reviews.

7. DaKur

DaKur Savant (400) Rhode Island Nov 15, 2012

Hope they bring it to the brew fest in Pawtucket in a few weeks.

8. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (405) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Drinking one right now! Love thisbeer! Heavier on the smoke than stone smoked porter but not overpowering at all. Daniel Packer Inn in Mystic CT has on tap.

smutty33 and FarmingtonRiver like this.
  9. RoninTK3

RoninTK3 Savant (310) New Hampshire Nov 12, 2012

Good stuff. Grey Sail has been putting out some great beers in a very short period of time. Loved the Stargazer.

10. Anyone no where this is sold in cans in CT?