Griffin Claw Expansion

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by red94tt, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red94tt

red94tt Pundit (945) Nov 27, 2008 Michigan
    Trader

Per their Facebook page

---------

"Alright the cats out of the bag! We are happy to announce we are expanding!! Griffin Claw will be renovating the former East Side Mario's location at M-59 & Crooks Road in Rochester Hills. This new location will serve as our Think Tank & Test Kitchen.

Experimental small batch beers, seasonal and specialty beers will be developed, brewed and packaged at the new 8,000 square-foot site along with all of our distilled spirits.

The Birmingham locationʼs bottling line will be moving there as well as some of the current brewing equipment to make way for Birminghamʼs new state-of-the art 50-bbl Brewhouse (3 times larger than prior Brewhouse) with the latest and greatest technology available, including all new 150-bbl fermenters allowing us to brew up to 50,000-bbl per year in Birmingham alone. Birmingham will also have a new "High Gravity" system
    installed which allows a new dynamic level of control. This will ensure we will be creating the most consistent product available beginning at the brewing stage, all the way to packaging with 100% adherence to recipe, ABV, temperature and carbonation specifications. This new technology and streamlining of efficiencies will also include the breweryʼs new Laboratory, enabling in-house testing to be done in real time, minimizing potential issues long before product ever reaches a customer."

docoman likes this.
  2. jmich24

jmich24 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2010 Michigan

Bottle dating too I hope

hopnado, Billydoughnuts and MIbeer27 like this.
  3. borto1ms

borto1ms Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2013 Michigan

Sounds interesting. I wonder how Clubhouse BFD will be affected. Doesnt BFD have ties to Griffin Claw?

4. DrinktotheDead

DrinktotheDead Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2014 Michigan
    Deactivated

Excitement level: 0
    Wish it was Batch.

5. red94tt

Trader

I think the same family owns all three places; Griffin, BFD and the former East Side Marios. Someone else on here may have more knowledge on that, though.

Batch will have their time but right now, they are barely a year old.

6. tommyz

tommyz Initiate (0) May 28, 2007 Michigan

Batch is doing an inhouse expansion as we speak.

DrinktotheDead likes this.
  7. red94tt

Trader

I remember a recent FB post that said they were going to be doing some limited bottling....good stuff.

DrinktotheDead likes this.
  8. tommyz

Was in there about a week ago and they said they doing some remodeling inside as well as expanding their brewing capacity..

docoman and red94tt like this.
  9. Lazhal

Lazhal Pooh-Bah (1,866) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hey Jason @jstu42, not sure how much you swing by the forums, but maybe you have some insight...

Is GC going to start bottle dating at this new facility?
    Will bottles to go be available at this new location or next door (at BFD)?
    Are you going to have their "experiments" on tap?

P.S. I'd probably buy more GC beers if they had dates on them.

red94tt likes this.
  10. hopnado

hopnado Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2014 Michigan

Just skimming through Batch's lineup here on Ba and overall the scores are pretty mediocre. Which beers should we be looking to try?

11. tommyz

Dick Smasher is friggin really good..Ive had quite a few of their one offs and most of those have been really good...I have not been a fan of their IPA's though..

hopnado likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.