1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Growler fills in Houston

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by nate8767, Jan 4, 2013.

1. nate8767

nate8767 Aficionado (195) Alabama Nov 1, 2011

Any idea where the best place for growler fills is (or really anywhere in the Houston area along the I-10 corridor)? I'm primarily looking for Live Oak Hefeweizen, though I imagine any place that sells growler fills will have LO Hefe.

Thanks

2. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (475) Texas Feb 13, 2007

3. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (495) Texas Oct 15, 2011

Hay Merchant almost always has LO Hefe. Other growler fill spots are Premium Draught, Petrol Station, and Whole Foods Montrose. Petrol doesn't usually have anything from Live Oak though.

jacobalindsey likes this.
  4. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Hay Merchant, Petrol Station, and Premium Draught are your best options. Outside of Whole Foods, the only options. Though those three always have a good selection. Petrol will not have anything from Live Oak. They will never carry them. Merchant and Premium Draught will often have LO, but it is not always on. Their websites are always up to date, so just check that.

Edit: Also CRISP, a pizza place in the Heights will do growlers, and they almost always have Live Oak Hefe.

5. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

Petrol Station has/had Live Oak Hefe. They had it for their NYE Brunch. Hmmmmm Live Oak Hefe and Orange Juice.

6. champ103

Well that is the only time, or they have changed. Ben has said many times he will not carry Live Oak.

7. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (360) Texas May 17, 2012

Not to get too off-topic, but why won't Petrol carry Live Oak?

8. wsnich

wsnich Savant (410) Texas Apr 26, 2010

They said the same thing about St. Arnold for awhile. But I'm glad to see the change regarding Live Oak. F'n love their hefe.

champ103 likes this.
  9. champ103

I don't know. For years they have not carried it, and the guys there have confirmed. Though, I am not going to speculate. Like wsnich said, they also did not carry Saint Arnold when they first opened, but now have lots. So hopefully they are changing on this.

10. Ford

Ford Advocate (510) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Premium Draught doesn't have the Live Oak Hefe, but they have the Live Oak Primus right now.. and it is delicious! They are in the Heights just a mile or two off of I-10.