1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Had my first offering from Lagunitas that I actually enjoyed.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Revenant, Dec 22, 2012.

1. I love all Lagunitas beers. Almost no brewery can do hops the way they do. My favorite by far is Maximus, and yes that is over Sucks and Hop Stoopid, I can usually get it pretty fresh and at under $9 a 6 and avaliable year round what is not to love. Sumpin Sumpin, Sumpin WIld, Imperial Red, Dogtown Pale, Sucks, Hop Stoopid and IPA.... That is just a killer hop showcase right there!

2. I've had Hop Stoopid and thought it was fantastic. Sumpin, Sumpin was pretty decent, nothing to write home about, however I wouldn't turn it away if it was free. I thought the Imperial Red was just fantastic, right up there with Nugget Nectar, which is my favorite all time beer.

3. As a brewery overall Lagunitas is probably the best "bang for your buck" IMO. (Id throw Smutty & SN in discussion as well).

4. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (395) California Nov 2, 2012

Have not had sucks yet but hop stoopid with the experimental 342 hop was right up there with KRBC Citra as far as im concerned.

5. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Savant (395) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2010

this altercation reminds me of all the Primus Sucks arguments I see and hear

6. you obviously havent had Lucky 13.alt, Sucks, Censored, and Waldo's 420.

7. Overall solid brewery, my favorites are fresh maximus and brown shugga.

8. Alright cool guy, it wasnt a challenge to get drunk or to see who can drink more. I could have it myself if I wanted but there is nothing to prove. We had our drinks on the side, this was just for taste.

9. Sucks is one of my top 10. At least today. Tomorrow I might have a different top 10.