1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hal Acre Double Daisy Cutter

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Mandark, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Tons still left and zero line.

pochman likes this.
  2. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

True that. Me and a friend just picked up a shit ton of their tulips. Those might run out before the dbl daisy cutter ;)

3. to compare to this to DLD is insane... DLD sells about 6k tickets... this had about a hundred people at the open of the place.. yes i was there and yes it was handeled well.. but if they got DLD numbers they would explode..

4. trginter

trginter Savant (340) Michigan Dec 1, 2008

Anyone want to pick me up a bottle?

5. Wasn't comparing to DLD at all. More like the average trip to Munster to pick up Zombie Dust.

6. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Don't go during peak hours Friday thru Sunday?

Also, they STILL have ZD available.

7. Kind of hard for a lot of people to get there at other times, which is why they're peak hours. I'm not bashing FFF, obviously I wouldn't go if I had a huge problem with how they do things; but the whole too-cool-for-school vibe rubs me the wrong way, and is certainly in contrast to what I experienced at Half Acre today.

EricCioe and kawilliams81 like this.
  8. lurchingbeast

I've had some great experiences at FFF, at least with the brewpub when its not the anniversary party. The capacity limit is beyond their control. They're currently building a to go shop area with a growler station so that will alleviate some of the traffic issues.

And yes, Half Acre and FFF are night and day from one another. However, I love them both.

9. pippys85

pippys85 Aficionado (140) Illinois Mar 15, 2011

super smooth nicely done. coffee and ddc samples made it even better.
    brian

10. Mandark

Mandark Savant (305) Illinois Apr 8, 2008

"super smooth nicely done" is a very apt description. Comparing it to DLD is unfair in terms of the volume of traffic, however, Half Acre had staff consistently walking the line and informing people of the cash only vs. credit card lines and that simple step in itself was a huge help. My first DLD was in 2009 and while there a lot less people then in subsequent years even then there wasn't the level of friendly, helpful and knowledgeable folks working the event that HA employed today. I love both breweries, too, but I got a better, more welcoming, thanks-alot-for-coming, vibe today than I've ever received from FFF.

11. C2H5

C2H5 Savant (435) Illinois Jan 7, 2012

Anyone know if they will be selling it again on tuesday?

12. Khazadum

Khazadum Savant (395) Illinois Apr 29, 2010

Sitting on shelf at Lincoln park binnys for 7.99. Tell Adam CVS rich says hi.

13. They should have some left. For reference, here's what their supply looked like at 2:00 when the line had died down:

http://instagr.am/p/HexuZ8Hw71/

And while I was at the counter, they put out probably 10 more cases.

C2H5 likes this.
  14. lurchingbeast

There were around 10 cases on the floor and the cooler was well stocked right at 5pm last night.

15. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (305) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

Love Half Acre and love the DDC! Went at 3 yesterday had some samples and bought my 4 bottles of DDC. Gabriel and staff r always friendly and helpful. Much props to Half Acre on another successful release.

16. dmsulli

dmsulli Savant (270) Illinois Jan 30, 2012

Not sure where you're getting that information from. Adam himself says its not on shelves.

17. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

HA tested today no more Growlers.

18. Khazadum

Than in the last 24 hours someone bought a case of Daly Double for 7.99 a bottle. I was in there yesterday.

19. Was there about an hour ago. Had a lot left in the cooler as well as about 8-10 cases out in the open. Everyone should be good for the rest of the day. No rush whatsoever.

20. dman127

dman127 Aficionado (240) Illinois Jul 11, 2011

Went there at noon today when they opened. Had at least 25 cases of DDC left. Can't wait to try it out! They also had Cipher in bombers.

21. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (460) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Did anyone pick up extra to trade? :)

I was up there on the 21st and got some Daisy Cutter. It was awesome. Now Im all out :(

22. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Is this still around? Need to grab some bottles for a friend

23. Khazadum

When I was there last night at 5pm they had about 15-20 case boxes on the floor. Can't imagine it is gone today.

24. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Wicked, thanks Richard

25. dave2134

dave2134 Aspirant (45) Illinois Feb 16, 2012

anyone know if its still around?

26. bradner

bradner Savant (340) Illinois Dec 26, 2007

There is plenty left. Also, still a 4 bottle limit today. They think it may last until the weekend.

27. dave2134

dave2134 Aspirant (45) Illinois Feb 16, 2012

great thanks for the update