1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Half Acre & 3 Floyds: SheWolf

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Nachos4two, Aug 2, 2012.

1. MarkFy

MarkFy Savant (280) Illinois Dec 18, 2009

They still had a bunch of cases when I got my 4 last night at 7:45pm. Cracked one open last night and man is it awesome fresh! No problem killing that bomber.

They were also selling prints for $15 of some cool drawing with an octopus/squid taking out a boat, can't remember what beer that corolates to.

Hugs is an annual must for me and T&S I loved although it seemed to get mixed reviews, that it was too hot and such. I personally liked how that beer turned out.

2. birchholz

birchholz Savant (280) Illinois Jul 21, 2010

Sounds like Mutiny and the Mollusk
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/79808/

3. That would Mutiny and the Mollusk, the last FFF/Half Acre collaboration. Meh to the beer, awesome art though

Nachos4two likes this.
  4. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

Opened my first bottle of Shewolf last night. Didn't have the original batch, so can't compare it. Fantastic and complex for a single IPA, but I wouldn't put it near GDDC as my favorite HA release.

kawilliams81 likes this.
  5. Opened one myself last night. At first I was overpowered by the earthier hops but when it opens up there's a lot going on. Very good stuff. Citrus/pine/earthy with a great backbone.

6. nsmartell

nsmartell Savant (350) Wisconsin Aug 17, 2007

Still plenty of bombers left when they closed on Friday night.

yeahnatenelson and eyemustard like this.