Half Acre - The Sands

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by SimonesRules, May 14, 2012.

1. TapeDeck

TapeDeck Aficionado (240) Illinois Mar 31, 2011

Meatwave is tomorrow or Thursday at Half Acre, and then Galactic DC is Friday. I went there today to see if they had anything new pouring, and that's what they told me.

2. Lansman

Lansman Savant (410) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Thoughts on non-fresh Galactic Double Daisy? Last year I recall drinking it fresh only last year (it was awesome), but I'm curious if this takes on potentially favorable characteristics a few months later?

3. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (555) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

So was the word that these are on tap only Thursday and Friday?

4. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

So just growlers of Galactic DDC, no cans?

5. TapeDeck

It was implied today at the brewery when I asked specifically "Are you canning Galactic?" that "Yes" they are canning it. If it isn't in cans, I've been lied to. And I'm alright with that, because I will gladly take a growler. :)

6. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Any word on availability/quantity? Big Hugs and regular DDC were available for a few days after their release

7. pschul4

8. Nachos4two

Is that picture the brewery currently? So they are stocked with meat wave?

9. gill897

gill897 Aficionado (160) Illinois Apr 18, 2008

yup - that picture is from a HA employee. Looks like it's available now.

if they can and release Galactic on Friday too? Damn.

10. Nachos4two

pschul4 likes this.
  11. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (330) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

Damn I forgot about these. Hopefully they land next week as I get paid Tuesday so I'll b able to blow that paycheck on Parabola wooky and hop juice fest.

12. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

Anyone know the quantity of GDDC they produced?

13. pschul4

I am very curious about this as well. GDDC is my favorite DIPA

Nachos4two likes this.
  14. pschul4

This is what my impatience leads too.. I just called HA myself and heres the dialogue:

HA: Half Acre Brewing
    Me: Hey heard your releasing Galactic tomorrow is that true?
    HA (playfully): Hmmm that's a possibility
    Me: Haha well whenever it does get released what will the limits be?
    HA: Most likely 1 "unit" per customer
    Me: Thank you
    (fade to black)
    (roll credits)

I'm assuming to hear from a producer any day now

15. Nachos4two

same packaging as meat wave you think, meaning 4-pack cans?

16. Nachos4two

They also are pulling brick down in front area of brewery to start the construction of tap room today!!!!

thetomG likes this.
  17. pschul4

Yeah that's my guess. I wish I could get more than 4 cans but its essentially 3 bombers worth. Might have to pick up a growler as well :)

18. Nachos4two

If available in growler fills that is a must! Meat wave available for growler fills or just cans?

19. pschul4

No clue, I'm just heading over there for my lunch break tomorrow. If Meat Wave is still available I'm gonna grab a 4 pack otherwise I'll just "settle" for GDDC lol

20. zieglemt

zieglemt Aficionado (170) Illinois Apr 25, 2011

Meat wave is cans only and GDDC will be as well. MW is $16 and they said it will be similarly priced...prob $18. Not a bad deal at all, considering bombers were $10.

Nachos4two likes this.
  21. Meat wave was available in growlers last night at closing time.

22. EseLocoSS

EseLocoSS Savant (325) Illinois Feb 2, 2010

Why do they always do weekday releases!!!! I hate that!
    ISO: someone to get me a 4 pack

23. pschul4

That's gonna be hard with limit 1 4pack :(

24. EseLocoSS

The mule could just get back in line.

25. howopeeps

howopeeps Aficionado (175) Ohio Mar 7, 2011

Are they available in growlers as well as cans

26. pschul4

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its that easy :)

27. EseLocoSS

It usually is at Half Acre

pschul4 likes this.
  28. TapeDeck

I wouldn't be shocked to see it available on Saturday, still. They don't overlap some of their more sought after beers, and if Double Daisy Cutter was around for a few days, it's possible GDDC will be, too.

29. I just got back from Half Acre. I picked up 2-four packs of Meat Wave (the limit). I asked about Galactic Double. I've actually been calling daily asking about it and getting the same type of runaround answers noted above. Anyway, the guy said that it will be on sale tomorrow at noon. 1 four-pack limit.

They were giving samples of Meat Wave, but weren't pouring growlers. It would be awesome if I could get a growler of GDDC. I'll be there tomorrow at 11:30.

30. Stop that. I need to be able to get some before heading to Revolution tomorrow. Can't have people lining up taking it all!

31. I wish I could take it all, but it sounds like I'll only be leaving with one 4-pack. I'm bringing a fake mustache and mullet wig to re-line up and get another. We'll see how it goes...

JakeT469 likes this.
  32. JakeT469

Dude u stole the words right outta my mouth. I'm gonna hit up HA before the Rev party and there better be some goddamn GDDC left!!!!

33. mcc1654

mcc1654 Savant (355) Illinois Mar 20, 2011

Do you think the reason they have been giving you the runaround all week and not announcing these releases ahead of time is because they didn't want it posted all over the web?

smurfbeer likes this.
  34. JakeT469

I'm guessing they don't want people lining up hours before the 5:00 entry time. That's how shit goes nowadays anyway so.... Is anyone pitching a tent yet???

35. mcc1654

mcc1654 Savant (355) Illinois Mar 20, 2011

That's my point. I heard about this at their party Friday night and was asked not to go telling everyone. I'm sure many othe BAs knew this as well and chose to ignore this thread. You would think people would infer that if no one is posting about it and Half Acre isn't announcing maybe they shouldn't.

smurfbeer likes this.
  36. Well the thread originally had nothing to do with the release dates of any beers, it was simply about the party where it turns out a bunch of people were informed about the releases. If they wanted it kept that much of a secret then perhaps the HA guy at the event should not have been telling every other beer geek that stepped up to try a beer. That being said, there will not be an out of control line to get GDDC because of this thread alone, and I have not seen any other threads about it

37. mc1654 - Please ignore this post. I wouldn't want to offend you.

I just got back from Half Acre. There were probably about 25 people in line by noon. $18 per four pack - limit one. The gentleman who sold me the beer indicated that he expected it to last through tomorrow at least. They aren't filling growlers, but are giving samples.

38. Nachos4two

Fingers crossed for availability Sunday. I hear Sanguis is there as well.

39. pschul4

It is. They had quite a few bottles of it as well and looked to have plenty of GDDC