1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Happenings in Casper

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Bitterbill, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,145) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Tomorrow, Odell Friek is showing up. 2 cases at 1 store...Yay!

The same store has 2 Utopias, 10th Anniversary. $235 a bottle. Wow.

Goose Island is supposed to come to town in March.

The owner of the same store is trying to get Full Sail Old Boarhead. Good luck with that. The distributors here are kind of scared of bringing bigger beers in here.

Narwhal and Celebration are around at good prices. Plenty of Alaskan Baltic Porter, Odell The Meddler, Sierra Nevada Brux, Odell Deconstruction and Woodcut No. 6 on the shelves.

Overall, things are going well in Casper. If you're traveling through/to the town, we have some good beers for you.;)

djaeon, EricCioe and ucsbmullet like this.
  2. Wasatch

Wasatch Advocate (695) Utah Jun 8, 2005

Your doing alot better than Utah.

Cheers!

3. EricCioe

EricCioe Savant (460) Montana Aug 7, 2010

I opened this up expecting to see "nothing," which post I would have given a like. I will begrudgingly like your actual post, I guess.

Bitterbill likes this.
  4. Where is Narwahl??

5. mklever42

mklever42 Savant (300) Colorado Apr 28, 2012

All over in the Springs. Really good, too!

6. Bitterbill

Friek did show up...$15.75 a bottle at a "cheaper" store here. Damn I love that brew!

7. mklever42

mklever42 Savant (300) Colorado Apr 28, 2012

I opened one a few months back and it was flat as can be. Zero carbonation. Hopefully it was just THAT bottle.

8. Bitterbill

I looked at some of the reviews of last year's....looks like an odd bottle.

9. Bitterbill

The Abyss is finally coming in tomorrow. 4 cases total for the city.

10. Bitterbill

So I go to the shop and there is NO The Abyss!! It could be that Casper is getting shut out, like in 2008.:(

11. Bitterbill

Eureka! I went to the Liquor Shed and scored 3 bottles of The Abyss...$12.35 a bottle! Yeah.

I also picked up from there a Growler of Lander Brewing Rock Chuck Rye and found out that there's a beerfest on Jan 19th next door to the Liquor Shed. I'll.be.there.

12. Bitterbill

Edit: That's $12.25 for the bottles of The Abyss. I'm going to open one now. :)

Schmittymack likes this.
  13. Bitterbill

New for today....the first Goose Island beers have shown up in town. Urban 312 Wheat and Honkers Ale on draught at Galloway's Irish Pub. The Honkers is something I can drink a lot of!:)

14. Bitterbill

2 new beers in town that I noticed, Alaskan Imperial Red from their Pilot series, and Full Sail Old Boarhead.

15. Bitterbill

We have a beerfest on Jan 19th! 12 breweries and brewers so far. Tickets go on sale next week for 2 sessions: VIP-get to drink some special and rare releases, and general session. The VIP starts at 2PM. I'll post more details as I get them; just in case any of you are in my neck of the woods on the 19th. :rolleyes:

16. Bitterbill

Okay, I bought my ticket today, a little steep..$50.

Also, The Liquor Shed is setting up a Growler station and will start pouring in the new year!

17. mkorpal

mkorpal Savant (285) Colorado Oct 28, 2007

What, I thought we could only fill growlers of beer at brewpubs in the state. Strange.

Also, damn, that is very steep.

18. Bitterbill

The previous owner of TLS did it back in the 90s so I hope it doesn't go away again.

Goose Island will be there and since the VIP session is all about limited releases, I'm hoping they bring some...top of my list..Bourbon County.

19. Bitterbill

Here's the list of breweries attending:

Alaskan, Goose Island, Boulder, Breckenridge, Odell, Oskar Blues, Grand Teton, and from WY: Altitude, Blacktooth, Clear Creek, Lander, Snake River, and Wind River. Big Sky from MT bugged out. I wonder what limited release beers some of them can bring?

20. mkorpal

mkorpal Savant (285) Colorado Oct 28, 2007

Interesting. Perhaps some new legislation passed to allow this now?

21. Bitterbill

Beats me. I can't find any info on it on the www.

22. I think there must be something newly legal, or guys are gonna be pouring growlers until someone shuts them down. Liquor Depot in Rock Springs has a growler station now as well.

Bitterbill likes this.
  23. Bitterbill

I'll ask Steve, the owner, at the event. I'd love to hear him say the laws have changed.

24. Bitterbill

So, I spoke with the main clerk at the store and asked him what beers they plan on pouring for the Growler station and he said beers that are only available on draught. That rules out a lot of great bottled and canned beers available in WY but has me all excited to the nth degree. I'll post what they start pouring in the new year..

25. Bitterbill

So 2nd St Liquors put up some bottles of The Abyss 2012. At the same price they've done for the last 2 years. $10.99. Wow.

26. Bitterbill

[​IMG]

"Please buy a ticket and join us for our Beer Fest, January 19th, 2013 from 2:00pm to 8:00pm!! Food provided and a HUGE selection of craft beer!!! Tickets going fast!"

FINLANDski_1619 likes this.
  27. Bitterbill

4 taps for Liquor Shed planned and 3 of them will be devoted to WY only brews. That's fine by me..better than traveling hundred + miles to try 'em. ;) The setup should be ready by next week according to their FB page.

28. Bitterbill

The first beers for the Growler station:

Lander Stout, Rock rye, Pale Ale and Alaskan Double IPA.

29. Bitterbill

Alaskan Double IPA went quick. Newest tap is Lander Bullrider Belgian Pale Ale and it's a good one.

30. Bitterbill

Catering at THIS Saturday's Beerfest will be provided by Old Chicago, Red Lobster, and Famous Dave's. Included in the price of the ticket. I'll be bringing my camera to take some pics. :)

31. Bitterbill

I picked up a Growler of Black Tooth Saddle Bronc Brown Ale and a Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Stout, with a few other goodies. Getting ready for the Liquor Shed Brewfest!

32. EricCioe

EricCioe Savant (460) Montana Aug 7, 2010

Would love to have a growler shop in Missoula. We've got any number of breweries, but it'd be nice to get stuff like Alaskan Double IPA for take home.

Bitterbill likes this.
  33. Bitterbill

I promised pic and here they come.

OMG! I left the card in my laptop!!! Damn it to hell!:(

34. Bitterbill

I've ordered a USB cable cord for my camera so pics will be up when I get it.

35. Bitterbill

I went to Liquor Shed yesterday and got 2 Growlers of Ivan The Terrible. The only reason it was in town was because of the great brewfest held by that store.

pokesbeerdude and Schmittymack like this.

36. Too bad I'm not getting any Ivan (again) this year....:(

37. Bitterbill

38. Bitterbill

And here are the pics I took at the Liquor Shed Brewfest 2013:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It twas fun!

39. Bitterbill

Freedom's Edge out of Cheyenne is in town. Bottles of X (TEN) Pale Ale and 1890 IPA with their Hot Chocolate Porter on tap for Growlers.

40. Bitterbill

New beers that just showed up: New Belgium Rampant Imperial IPA and Hop Kitchen Hoppy Bock Lager. $4.59 each.

And lots of, mostly WY, brews have been turning over at Liquor Shed's Growler Station. I helped. ;)

FINLANDski_1619 and Penguin3200 like this.