1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Happenings in Casper

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Bitterbill, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,125) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

And Liquor Shed continues to pick up beers for their Growler Station that I would probably not ever get the chance to try otherwise. Today, Snake River Double Fistin' IPA is on tap.
    Penguin3200 likes this.
  2. Bitterbill

2nd Street Liquors now has Bigfoot. $6.79 a 4 pack!! Yes.
    russpowell and Oxymoron like this.
  3. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Savant (320) Minnesota Dec 28, 2008

So a want after getting some Pako's and Zonker! Need anything from the Midwest Bill?
  4. Bitterbill

The keg kicked in 2 days so..sorry. :(
    Penguin3200 likes this.
  5. Bitterbill

New beers in town: Odell Amuste and Deschutes River Ale.
  6. Wasatch

Wasatch Advocate (695) Utah Jun 8, 2005

Good for you Bill! Utah still SUCKS!

Cheers!
  7. Bitterbill

Thanks, John. I still don't get a lot of German/UK/Belgian brews that you can get so...there's still a lot of catching up to do.;)
  8. Bitterbill

Liquor Shed filled 39 Growlers yesterday. Not too shabby for a BMC town.
    pokesbeerdude likes this.
  9. BlackBeer

BlackBeer Zealot (95) Wyoming Mar 6, 2012

Greetings Bill!
    Haven't done much on this site. Still figuring how to navigate...
    I have a son going to school in Casper and went there myself.
    Good to know I can watch your posts to keep us educated!
    Bitterbill likes this.
  10. Bitterbill

I'm glad to help out any way I can!;)
  11. Bitterbill

The only new beers in town I've seen, Alaskan Free Ride in bottles(great APA) and Boston Beer Longshot mixed 6er. Did I mention that I thought Free Ride is great?;)
  12. Bitterbill

New beers in town: Class of '88 Barley Wine and Alaskan Troppelbock.
  13. Bitterbill

14. Bitterbill

Wyoming State Brewing is brewing an IPA. That should be interesting.
  15. Bitterbill

Odell Tree Shaker Peach IIPA showed up. I bought 2 bottles at $13.50 each.
  16. Bitterbill

I printed out my ticket for the next Hope, Hops, & Harmony event Sat May 18th. Oh yeah!
  17. Bitterbill

HH&H was a blast! Highlight of the event for me, drinking a Lander Barleywine from a firkin! Oh yeah, baby!
  18. Wasatch

Wasatch Advocate (695) Utah Jun 8, 2005

Good for you Bill!

Cheers!
    Bitterbill likes this.
  19. Bitterbill

I picked up a copy of the 307 magazine and found the names of the 2 breweries slated to open: Fat Canvas and Rare Earth.
  20. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (265) Colorado May 31, 2011

Yo, I'm headed to Lander and then Jackson this weekend/next week. Is the place in Lander called Lander Brewing? And is Thai Me Up the main place to go to in Jackson, or is there somewhere else? Thanks!
  21. mkorpal

mkorpal Savant (255) Colorado Oct 28, 2007

Yes, Lander Brewing is up there. and Snake River is the main place in Jackson.
  22. Bitterbill

Lander Brewing's hours are 5-9pm so if you want to drink earlier than that, hit the Lander Bar next door.
  23. GaToWyo

GaToWyo Aficionado (245) Wyoming Feb 1, 2013

This isn't about Casper, but was wondering if any of the other Wyoming folk here have been to the Laramie brewfest during their Jubilee Days in the past? I see the breweries that will be pouring on the website, but was wondering if anyone knew if they usually bring anything rare/special to the event. Thanks in advance!
  24. Bitterbill

I wish I could help but I've never gone. I see Lander Brewing is going to be there. They recently bottled(750ml) 3 beers: Devil's Advocate Barleywine(hit or miss re carbonation), Big Bad Brett, an IS brewed with...Brett(not to my liking at all..again, carbo issues but that wasn't all), and 10 LB Brown, which I really enjoyed.

I may have to go this year. ;)
  25. FarmerTed

I ate at Thai Me Up! in Jackson tonight. First, at it's best, the food was really bland. At its worst, it was disgusting. My wife got pad se ewe, and it tasted like 3 day old sushi. It was nasty. The beer, otoh, was great, although their selection was bizarre. Of the 8 beers or so of theirs on tap, the lowest abv was a belgian pale @ 6%. Pretty much all others were in the 10-12@ range, with one BA beer over 15%. They didn't have any of their ipa's available (gabf winners), which seemed pretty weird. You'd think they'd go well with Thai food, but then again the food blew. I got Brett's Darkness, a cognac BA sour stout, and it was pretty damn good. But the place is like Casa Bonita-don't eat the food.
  26. Bitterbill

Sorry the food was bad. We have a Thai restaurant in town and it rocks! No closer to session brews/IPAs...very weird indeed.
  27. FarmerTed

Heh, I didn't mind so much, but my wife was (and still is) pissed! You know what that's like, lol!

I tell you, the Snake River beers are good. I've gotten 6'ers of the Vienna lager and the IPA, and they're nice. That IPA is good! I guess we don't get it in Colorado; I don't remember ever seeing it.
    SalukiAlum likes this.
  28. mkorpal

mkorpal Savant (255) Colorado Oct 28, 2007

Laramie is a solid brewfest. But don't expect too much in the way of rarity. Saratoga is the better brewfest. Better beer, better location, and free hotsprings to detox afterwards.
    SalukiAlum likes this.
  29. Bitterbill

New beers:

The new edition of Lagunitas Undercover Investigation
    Odell Celastrina
    Freedom's Edge Blood Orange Imperial IPA
    Freedom's Edge Steamboat Russian Imperial Stout.(400 bottle release)
  30. GaToWyo

GaToWyo Aficionado (245) Wyoming Feb 1, 2013

Thank you Bitterbill and mkorpal for the responses. I'll be going regardless, but wanted an idea of what to expect. Slainte!
    Bitterbill likes this.
  31. Bitterbill

Glad to help anyway I can.

You really don't know what will show up at a brewfest. The last one I was at in Casper...Lander Brewing brought a firkin of Barleywine.:p
  32. Bitterbill

The Keg & Cork in Casper is now selling and filling Growlers. :)
  33. gin15

gin15 Aficionado (115) Wyoming Sep 9, 2013

Longtime lurker but finally made an account and was pleased to see another person from Wyoming! Bitterbill I'm up in Sheridan. In the industry as well (my family owns Star Liquor) and we started filling growlers in mid July.

If you are ever headed up to Sheridan stop by, we are starting to have an even nicer bottle selection of craft brew. We had a pretty good one but I've made quite an effort to see it grow. We were pretty much at Rogue & Alaskan Smoked Porter for bombers when I started liking craft more. Now we proudly have Lips of Faith, Avery, all of Odell's Bombers, and more! And on Monday we are getting a keg of La Folie for our growler station! We just got Dugana, Samael, and Beast from Avery today in bottles as well and already have Avery Anniversary on the station as we speak. :D
    Bitterbill likes this.
  34. wyoming

wyoming Aficionado (125) Wyoming Sep 4, 2007

impressive selectiion for sheridan ! bitter bill knows whats happening in wyo
    Bitterbill likes this.
  35. Bitterbill

Howdy and welcome to BA!

That IS a very impressive selection you listed...well done! Sheridan is a cool town, getting cooler obviously, and I plan on going north sometime this year.

Cheers!
    Bill
  36. Bitterbill

Goose Island Matilda is on draught at the Keg & Cork. Yummy brew.
  37. Bitterbill

New and returning beers:

ST.AMBROISE: Pumpkin and Apricot
    WYCHWOOD: Hobgoblin, Scarecrow, witch craft and Ginger beard
    MONTY PYTHON: Holy Grail
    ST.PETERS: Cream Stout
    DESCHUTES: Green Monster, Hop trip and Chasin' Freshies IPA
  38. Bitterbill

Snake River Pumpken Bush is here for your Growler or Howler. Word is out that Green Flash will be distributing to WY soon with more "new" breweries coming in Nov and Dec. Oh and Fullers finally showed up with their London Porter and London Pride.
  39. Bitterbill

Odell Fernet Aged Porter and Woodcut No 7 in town along with the return of Mountain Standard.
  40. Bitterbill

Liquor Shed is expanding their tap handles for Growlers/Howlers from 4 to 8 beers!