1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hardywood Park Chocolate Heat

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by brother_kenneth, Feb 8, 2013.

1. brother_kenneth likes this.
  2. Skrip

Skrip Savant (360) South Carolina Oct 7, 2012

i'm hoping it hits stores by the time i have to drive back down south next sunday
  3. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Savant (495) Missouri May 11, 2012

4. VeganUndead

VeganUndead Advocate (645) Virginia Apr 25, 2012

Normally takes 10-14 days for hardywood's stuff to hit the shelves after their release parties just fyi, but you can always swing by their brewery if you're in search of stuff. Cheers!
  5. VeganUndead

VeganUndead Advocate (645) Virginia Apr 25, 2012

Come see me at corks and kegs, i'll be there bored and hungover til 4, Cheers!
  6. Mopps

Mopps Aficionado (170) Virginia Dec 17, 2012

Let me know what you think of it. Always a fun time at a Hardywood.
  7. Skrip

Skrip Savant (360) South Carolina Oct 7, 2012

Ahh ok, I'm gonna be driving back next Sunday and I don't think they are open that day. It's all good I'll just stop and pick up some other locals. Unless someone wants to get a couple bottles for me and we can do an IP trade that day
  8. BeastLU

BeastLU Advocate (510) Virginia Dec 20, 2012

Yeah should be two weeks. About 350 cases plus draft should be available.
  9. BeastLU

BeastLU Advocate (510) Virginia Dec 20, 2012

Huge showing. Good beer.

[​IMG]
    legend8706 and brother_kenneth like this.
  10. good grief. that sounds like a crazy good beer. someone pls report back.
  11. I enjoyed it thoroughly! Quite spicy, smoky, relatively thin for a stout, and unlike any other beer I've had. The base seems similar to Sidamo honestly, but I did speak with one of the Hardywood guys who assured me that there is lactose in the Chocolate Heat - he mentioned that it may become more evident with a bit of age; it is obviously very fresh at present. I would recommend checking it out. Good time at the release today too. Cheers!
  12. I have plenty of bottles of Choc Heat and Sidamo for anyone wanting to set up a trade, just BM me with offers.