1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hardywood Park Quadrawine

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by ncaudle, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (605) Virginia May 28, 2010

http://www.hardywood.com/content/ha...and-screens-n-suds-fall-edition-preview-party

[​IMG]

Date: Thu, 11/01/2012 - 5:00pm to 9:00pm

On Thursday 11/1/2012, Hardywood Park Brewing Company, Itty Bitty Press, and Screens 'n' Suds will debut their collaborative beer called "Quadrawine" to the world. The collaboration was brewed in house by Hardywood Park and Screens 'n' suds with art design by Richmond's Itty Bitty Press. In addition to the Quadrawine debut, Screens 'n' Suds will be showing the world premiere of their 2012 Fall beer inspired screen prints.

Quadrawine is Hardywood's first barrel-aged blend--a beast of many heads with many sharp teeth. Blending a ferocious 98 IBU barleywine style ale with a bourbon barrel aged abbey-style quadrupel, this monster will cut its teeth on your tongue with its high gravity mix of boozy heat, malty sweetness, and complementary hop character. Quadrawine will be available on tap for tastings on 11/1/2012.

Quadrawine will also be available on tap and in very limited, wax dipped,screen print labeled, signed/numbered edition of collectible bottles at the Screens 'n' Suds BIG EVENT on 11/3/2012 at Gallery5.
    For details, click here: https://www.facebook.com/events/490387050986188/?ref=ts&fref=ts
    mojiboo02 likes this.
  2. ncaudle

bottle count is 72
    [​IMG]
  3. I really enjoyed their Bourbon Cru. I bet I would like this one too. That's a really low fuckin' bottle count though.
    Shilt and ncaudle like this.
  4. ncaudle

not as much of the Belgian yeast esthers as found in the standard Bourbon Cru... not sure what category it will be classified as (Quad, Strong Ale, etc)

start the hypetrain! haha
  5. Shilt

Shilt Savant (370) Virginia Dec 26, 2011

Had this on Friday and Sunday, and IMO it's much better than the Bourbon Cru. Has a good amount of smooth vanilla and a hint of bourbon in the taste. One bottle limit though, so acquiring this could be tough. Did I just add to the hype train?
  6. mojiboo02

mojiboo02 Aficionado (185) Illinois Sep 27, 2012

A couple of updates to ncaudle's original post: The bottles were corked/caged instead of crowned and dipped. The bottles are numbered and not signed (the label took up more space then expected).
  7. Probably should be mentioned:

All proceeds of bottle sales go to the MS Society. Bottles are 40$ each.
    ncaudle, Zaphog and mojiboo02 like this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

72 Bottle count?

Instawhale Bro!
    jglowe77 likes this.
  9. ;)

I thought the same of DuClaw's Divine Retribution (168 bottles total). That is not necessarily the case.
  10. ncaudle

have you had the Divide Retribution? it's fantastic! (I'm referring to batch 1 from last year, no idea how batch 2 released this week tastes)
  11. Zaphog

Zaphog Champion (995) Michigan Sep 23, 2011

That's awesome! My wife has MS, so it's very encouraging to see breweries and other companies supporting organizations such as these.

The beer sounds damn good too!
  12. bushycook

bushycook Aficionado (215) Virginia Jan 31, 2011

Twill be mine!
  13. Turns out I'm going. See you guys there!
  14. Any folks at gallery5 yet?
  15. mocktm

mocktm Savant (355) Virginia Jan 3, 2011

Picked up a bottle at the event. Also had a couple glasses of it on draft. Really solid brew, but def hurt the wallet a bit. Good things its for charity.
  16. mojiboo02

Thanks everyone who came and enjoyed the events this weekend. We were floored by the turnout and support. We sold out of the Quadrawine Bottles and floated the sixtel during the event as well. If anyone wants a link to our webstore to view the remaining beer art prints, please shoot me a bm.
  17. mojiboo02

Nice avatar Nic!
  18. mojiboo02