Hardywood Park

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by 4kbrianb, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Anyone who has tried Hardywood Park Brewery, could you please share your thoughts?

judging by what I have seen I would definitely like to try some of their options.

2. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (665) Virginia May 28, 2010 Verified

some excellent brews (gingerbread, bourbon gingerbread, bourbon cru, farmhouse pumpkin)
    some good (mocha belgique, hoplar, belgian dipa, bourbon dipa, sidamo ris, singel)
    some meh (va strawberry, va blackberry, sb604)

weekly randalls and firkins they invite local beer geeks to create and a bunch of tap only 1-offs and pilot brews that run the gamut (bourbon barleywine, bourbon hoplar, bourbon farmhouse pumpkin were excellent)

3. Thanks for the tips. Sounds like a good set up out there. How do they distribute? Bottle sizes?

obviously nothing makes it this far west, or out of the state at all.... so I may have to look in to other options haha.

4. mocktm

mocktm Savant (430) Virginia Jan 3, 2011 Verified

Everything is in 750 corked and caged bottles except the Singel, which is their flagship year around offering sold in bombers. Nothing makes it outside of Richmond distribution wise, so you gotta trade for it. But it's well worth it.

5. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (665) Virginia May 28, 2010 Verified

only distribute within Richmond, bottles are all 750s

6. had their gingerbread. it was okay but i didnt think it was as good as it was hyped up to be.

7. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

Gingerbread and Farmhouse pumpkin are all I've had the chance to sample and both were excellent. Gingerbread usually trades really well but since its only once a year its best to set up a trade prior to its release I'd wager. Worth seeking out for sure, though would raid your cellar to get it.

8. RyanBeer13

RyanBeer13 Initiate (0) Virginia Jan 24, 2011

I traded most of my gingerbread $4$

9. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Champion (795) North Carolina Feb 16, 2011 Verified

Ive had 3 so far, and all have been good to great. Sidamo coffee stout was good, really balanced coffee flavor. Anniversary (blackberry) was really good, just needed to kill the carbonation a bit. Gingerbread Stout was great. Like a ST stout, only no syrupiness.