HAs Anyone Been to Freewheel Brewing Co. In Redwood City?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by Mark, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Mark

Mark Advocate (585) California Jun 18, 2001

One of my oldest friends and fellow lover of good beer, has told me about this place. He says they specialize in cask ale. I'm very interested. Has anyone been there?
    P.S. My buddy has not been yet either.

2. Haven't been, but they will be pouring at the Opening Night gala for SF Beer Week this Friday, so we'll get to taste their beers there. Exciting!

3. Ya. Nice place. They partner with a couple of actual British breweries to recreate authentic cask conditioned bitters, ESBs, pale ales, etc. The beers are on par with Magnolia's, who up until now has been the only brewery in the entire state to do decent English styles.
    The food is surprisingly good for British pub faire. I've especially enjoyed the daily specials.

4. Mark

Mark Advocate (585) California Jun 18, 2001

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to trying this place. I hope the pints are cheaper than Magnolia? I love cask ale, I just returned from my 15th vacation to England. I enjoyed 59 pints over my 8 days there. Would love to have some good cask again. It's hard to find though Barclay's in Oakland, our adopted local, usually has Red Seal cask conditioned. North Coast of course has it in their taproom, when the lines are working, but other than that.. Thanks again.

westcoastbeerlvr likes this.