1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Has anyone noticed a change in Raging Btich?

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by BruceBruce, Apr 2, 2013.

1. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Texas Dec 4, 2011

I feel like it used to be much better last time it was around, I am not sure if they changed it, but I think there has to be a change for sure. That or I just have tried way better beer since then....

2. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (550) Texas Apr 26, 2007

I've had it multiple times recently and really enjoyed it.

3. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Aficionado (245) Texas Apr 12, 2012

Is it back in Texas?

4. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Texas Dec 4, 2011

Yeah all over the place, even though this was a drunken post after Underbelly with two bottles of wine and another bottle of port, it seems much more tame then I remember...

5. Chuk_Hell

Hmm.. I thought they quit sending the Canis Major Series to Texas. Very interesting....

6. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Advocate (500) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Why did they redistribute it, or take it away for that matter?

7. Chuk_Hell

I don't know but I think it had something to do with moving the brewery to Mryland from Colorado and wanting to distribute more regionaly.. i.e. Eastcoast.

8. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

F this beer. Bring back Gonzo.

How's the pricing this time around? Still up at $15 a 6-pack?

9. UHCougar12

What? Last I remember Raging Bitch being was like $9-11. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine myself buying $15 sixers when I was in college

10. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

It had low initial promo pricing around $10 when it came out, but the normal price was $15 after that expired with the distro, IIRC.

11. Chuk_Hell

I used to buy it by the case until it went up. They should put it in 4 pks like the other CM series.

Yes, having Double Dog and Gonzo available again would be good things.

12. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (550) Texas Apr 26, 2007

1. They wanted to focus on their East Coast markets after moving the brewery. And my god, Flying Dog makes some good shit for those markets.

2. They changed distributors here in TX (at least in the Houston/SA market). That may have been a factor as well.

13. UHCougar12

Just picked up a six pack at heb for $9.50. Specs was $11.50

14. Show

Show Aficionado (235) Texas Jul 21, 2011

no, icetrauma seems about the same to me...

15. Chuk_Hell

I just got an email reply from Flying Dog asuring me that the Canis Major series (Raging Bitch, Gonzo Imperial Porter, Double Dog and Horn Dog) are not distributed in Texas.. so, you may want to check the date on that RB you are finding. Either it's a couple years old or something strange is going on.

16. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

I just saw Gonzo being put on shelves for the first time in quite awhile... now Im scared.

17. Ahh...so long since I've seen this thread, aka "Does (insert beer name) taste different this year?"

18. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Savant (400) Texas Aug 16, 2012

Raging Bitch bottles are from this year. Something's up.

19. Chuk_Hell

Re-reading the email she actually said Ben E. Keith isn't getting any Canis Major beers then said something about how "most of them stay on the East Coast".

Maybe some other distributers ARE getting them in Texas.?.

I wrote again and asked for clairification.

20. UHCougar12

Well if its not being distributed here, then it must be a coincidence that multiple stores are putting it out at the same time

21. Chuk_Hell

OK, she said RB is distributed in the Houston area and is available to Texas but distributors in other areas haven't picked it up for whatever reason. She said that Gonzo and Double Dog ARE NOT though.. so the mystery continues (or she doesn't have her info straight) if you guys are seeing Gonzo on the shelves.

22. UHCougar12

Thanks for the update

23. theandychrist

theandychrist Savant (395) Maryland Apr 21, 2013

My liquor store in MD has both of those in stock.. In fact I'm drinking the double dog that I bought today... Do other people not have it?

24. Chuk_Hell

AndyChrist we're talking Texas here. You're in Flying Dog's backyard.